Chapter One - I Just Moved In

"Okay Evelyn, I think you're all set for today!" "Don't forget to go for a walk at least twice a day and eat lentils on a weekly basis."

"Thanks, doctor Harvey. And maybe with the walks, I can take George out of the house more often, he needs some fresh air."

"Absolutely! I've had my fights with him since he doesn't like following my instructions, but breathing fresh air would be beneficial for both of you."

I have just finished my appointment with Evelyn, one of the eldest villagers from Pelican Town. At the start of spring, the allergies cases rise, so it was a quite busy day today, besides, I wanted my patients to feel healthy during this season.

"Speaking of fresh air, did you know there's a new fresh person in town?" Evelyn said.

"Really? I didn't know, when did they move? I haven't met them."

"They just moved yesterday, to the old farm— they're old farmer's grandkid, they come from the city." Said Evelyn, her eyes sparking in curiosity.

It has been a while since someone new decided to start living in here. The last person who moved in was me, and that was many years ago, yet I never made a genuine bond with the villagers, I still was known as the "the doctor from Pelican City"; the only person I could call it was closest of considering a friend was Maru, the young nurse who would come twice a week but aside from work, we would rarely bring a topic that we both liked. A new person in Pelican City meant a new opportunity to make a friend —so obviously, I was excited but anxious.

"Maybe I should send them a letter saying they should drop off my clinic once they have free time in order to create their medical record."

"I'm pretty sure Lewis has informed them to introduce to all of us, dear. So don't worry, they'll eventually come here." Said Evelyn. The tone of her voice calmed me, I was overwhelming myself over a meeting that was supposed to be simple — I mean, all it was going to happen was they would introduce themselves and I would fill in their medical record, the regular check-in doctors do with new villagers.

Then why was I so nervous?

————————
A/N

I left Y/N's gender neutral so it could be easier for anyone reading this fanfic to live their romance with Harvey.

Also, I'll try to update this fanfic weekly. Please enjoy! ^^

Cover image is from Hyyouko, they make great art!

https://www.instagram.com/hyoukyo/?hl=en