eight | another stranger

-EIGHT-

"Morning." Kate grinned, opening the door to reveal a sleepy-looking Ophelia.

The huntress blinked tiredly and asked, "What was so important that I simply had to wake up at six a.m on a day I didn't have work?"

"Clint wanted us to retrieve his trick arrows from the LARPers." The archer replied, allowing Ophelia in.

"No, no." The huntress shook her head and put a hand up to silence the other woman, "No missions till I've had my first cup of coffee."

Clint walked in, but promptly walked out upon seeing the disgruntled huntress. He stopped in his tracks when she snarled, "Barton, don't even."

"Felita, sorry. But I've gotta interrogate Kazi and I really needed someone to babysit the five year old." He admitted.

"For the last goddamn time--I'm twenty two!" Kate snapped from the other room.

Ophelia chuckled dryly, taking her coffee from the microwave. She made Clint wait for two to three agonizingly long moments as she sipped on the waking drink before clearing her throat and declaring, "Fine. I'll babysit the five year old."

Kate stormed into the room and pounced on the huntress' back, giving the latter enough time to place her coffee down. "Don't you EVER call me a five year old again." The younger woman growled in the huntress' ear.

Ophelia chuckled and moved backwards till Kate was sitting on the counter, and pried the archer off her. She turned around and placed her hands on either side of Kate's thighs and whispered, "Do that again, and the consequences will most certainly be much, much worse, darling." Her grey eyes had a mischievous glint in them, despite her tone being smooth and maybe a little seductive.

Kate blushed at how close they were, and felt her mind go to unholy places as the attractive huntress turned around smoothly and said, "Right, so, what exactly must we do?"

While the Avenger explained the mission to Ophelia, Kate found herself gazing longingly at the huntress' body.

She snapped out of her daze as Ophelia clapped her hands, "Right-o. Let's get this over with, shall we?"

--Time Skip--

The pair, along with Pizza Dog, walked towards the park, where several people in Medieval costumes were fighting with imaginary swords and weapons.

"Hey, I, uh... I don't mean to interrupt..." Kate tried to interrupt the strange formation. "Wow. You guys are...dedicated."

Ophelia muttered something is a different language under her breath and shouted, "OI! SHUT IT AND LISTEN TO THE LADY!"

The LARPers paused their roleplay and looked at them. Kate glared at Ophelia, who simply smirked and suddenly got busy with one warrior who had an interesting costume.

"So, what're you supposed to be?" She asked, looking the man up and down.

He grinned giddily and whispered, "You know those legends of the Hunt?"

The huntress paled slightly but nevertheless kept her voice level as she replied, "I'm familiar with it."

He continued grinning and said, "Well, I'm one of the Hunt."

She blinked and raised an eyebrow, "You do know the Hunt consists of females only?"

His face paled, "Oh?"