𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

"Say it again."

Roxy's long synthetic tail was draped over your palm while the other ran through her soft lavender-colored fur with a hairbrush. She'd been sitting at her vanity ever since their last show ended, only ever sneaking quick glances at you through the star-shaped mirror.

"You're the best," you hum, fulfilling her request with a smile. "Your fans love you. Everyone loves you."

If she were a cat, maybe a mountain lion or a panther, she'd definitely be purring.

"I know," she smiled privately without breaking eye contact with her reflection. You always liked the sound of her voice. It wasn't as smooth as Freddy's—who was programmed to sing in front of massive crowds every other day. Roxy's voice was warped and rumbled out of her voice box like a motor.

She was the easiest animatronic to work with by far. While the other members of the band required constant errands and maintenance, all Roxy needed was eyeliner and validation. And you were happy to provide both.

You realized that you were lost in thought when the tail whisked impatiently in your hand.

"Again."

"You're the best. All those people come here to see you."

Actually, you weren't entirely sure why so many people came to the Pizza Plex. It wasn't entirely safe. Nor was it ever fully functioning at any given time. There was always something under construction that you had to explain away with the help of the dinky customer service bots.

You continued to comb through Roxy's tail with soft and gentle strokes. You weren't certain if the animatronics could feel anything, but you weren't about to be the third staff member this month to receive brutal injuries to the face because a certain she-wolf didn't get her way.

It was quiet for a few moments — most of the lunchtime rush had wandered off to play elsewhere in the building before the evening concert. Still, you could still hear Chica entertaining a group of kiddos through the wall next door.

The silence was disturbed by the sound of whirring cogs as Roxy sat upright and made eye contact with you through the mirror. "Am I...your favorite...?"

"Of course," you said without hesitation, not looking up from your task. "Always have been, always will be."

"Real-Really?"

"Mhm!"

Her steel joints clicked as she sat up straighter—prouder—and her tail wagged in your hands. You bit back a laugh and waited for her to calm down before continuing. Your promotion hadn't really been a promotion after all. You were still babysitting. The only difference was that you were feeding the egos of ten-ton robots instead of human toddlers.

There was a quiet beep in your left ear and you switched the brush to your other hand so you could press a finger against your earpiece. It was wired to the pair of uniform-standard bunny ears which were perhaps the only things you could complain about in regards to the new uniform. Unlike the rest of your coworkers, you didn't mind wearing roller skates for entire eight-hour shifts.

"This is (Y/N)," you mumble into the microphone. Roxy's tail fell out of your other hand and she growled warningly while dramatically flicking it back and forth behind her.

The voice of your manager cut through the static. "(Y/N)! Monty's having a meltdown in his dressing room" you could practically hear the yelling already, even though you were two rooms away. "—we're closing off this area for the rest of the night. Can you help redirect guests to the main atrium?"