Prologue

" Wilbur, how are you ever going to find a princess if this is what you do all day?! " A voice called as they watched Wilbur, the prince, lazing about on his throne, demanding his butler to fetch him a drink. The prince turned to the figure.

" Speak for yourself, Techno. " He scoffed, slouching down until he almost fell of his chair. The older, named Techno, sighed. He shook his head and stalked off, obviously disappointed. Wilbur stuck his tongue out at him before he shut the door. He sat up as his butler arrived, a wine glass with what looked like sparkling water inside seated on a silver plater in hand.

" What's this? This doesn't look like red wine! " Wilbur complained, picking up the glass and observing it.

" That's because it isn't. The king told me to give you something. . . non-alcoholic.  He stated that you've been drinking to much lately. " The butler explained, bowing his head. The prince rolled his eyes.

" Whatever. And cut the formal shit. We're the only ones in here. " Wilbur took a sip from the glass, putting it back down on the plater that the butler was carefully balancing on his left hand. He looked up at the prince, who was brushing his brown curly hair from his eyes. Oh how he admired him, and wished he could be him, but no. He'd done too many crimes in his past to count. He was lucky he even had this job. The Prince sighed and put his head in his hands, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.
" What do I do, Schlatt? " He asked his butler, looking down at the man. The man was tall, almost as tall as himself, but from his throne he looked small, and Wilbur looked down at his brown hair, pulled back with what looked like a headband. He had a very short beard, the same dampened soil colored brown as his hair, shaved down his chin. He looked fine, indeed.
" Well, I've heard there is a ball in a nearby town, if you can convince your father- er- the king to go. " Schlatt replied in a formal manner, placing his free hand behind his back.
" Oh, is that so? Hmmmm... " The Prince looked at his butler for a moment, then picked up the glass and took a sip, swiveling the cup as if he were holding a glass of wine in his hand.
" Then that's what I will do. "

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-