nine | not partners

-NINE-

"Oh shit." Kate said as Ophelia kicked Maya in the stomach, making the woman grunt in pain. "WILL YOU STOP GAWKING AND HELP ME HERE, TINY?!" Ophelia frantically yelped, grabbing Maya's hand as it flew towards her face. 

"Right, sorry--" Kate pulled Maya into a headlock, yanking her away from the huntress. The Tracksuit leader flipped her into the nearby coffee table, and the sound of splintering wood made Ophelia more frustrated. 

Maya kicked the huntress in the spine, sending her face-first into the wall. 

"Alright, now I'm sick of this." Ophelia growled, punching the leader in the stomach. She delivered a series of kicks at the latter, only to be stopped when Maya swept her leg downwards, sending Ophelia crashing down to the ground.

"Oh bloody--" She swore, holding her side. Through her jacket, blood dripped down from her now-open stitches. 

Maya noticed Kate getting up and lunged at the archer, attacking fiercely. 

"Maya's here." Clint spoke into Ophelia's comm. 

"I can see that you idiot--" She groaned, grabbing the bookcase shelf to pull herself to her feet. She cried out in pain and lifted her shirt, revealing her stitches. A few were still intact, but the rest were open, letting crimson blood flow down her stomach.

"Maya's on the roof with me." Clint said. A series of grunts and thumps of blows landing crackled through, making Ophelia shoot back, "Maya's with us--She's fighting Kate!" 

"Help her then, Felita!" He replied. 

"My stitches've been ripped open you dimwit!" 

"Stay put. I'll come help you." 

"No point. I'll help myself. You stay safe." 

Clint's reply was drowned out by Kate exclaiming, "Well, who the hell am I fighting then?" 

"Hold up." The huntress snuck up behind Maya and slammed a book's edge into the latter's head, knocking her out.

"Thanks." Kate let the other woman lean on her slightly.

"Thank me later when we're not about to die, will you?" Ophelia panted, grunting in pain. She looked around and found box of bandages in the far corner, "Kate, you go. I'll follow you. Give me exactly six minutes." 

The archer defiantly replied, "I'm not leaving you in this state, are you crazy?!"

"You should know I'm crazy, darling. Now, cut the dramatic goodbye and get that pretty little behind up to the roof! I'll be fine!" 

"I'm going to discuss why that sentence sounds wrong later, but okay!" The other woman was frantic, but nevertheless ziplined out the window. 

Ophelia sighed in frustration, "I promised myself I wouldn't do this ever again--" She rolled up  her sleeve and muttered a spell, tracing out her dagger-drawn tattoo with a finger. Over the years her power had grown, and the small crescent moon she had started with, had matured to a round full moon with an arrow down the middle.

Her side throbbed painfully as the scar began to pulse. The skin raised itself slightly, as though she scratched it. She saw the blood slowly stop seeping from where she had put the bandage, and felt the pain go away. The wound, however, didn't close itself up.