fluffy hair | matt | fluff

a/n
i am not lying to you guys, this is the first time i have started an imagines book with fluff
________________________________
your pov
matt had his head in your lap with his eyes closed. he had told you this was his favorite thing to do: just his head in your lap, listening to frank sinatra, you petting his head and playing with his hair, and random conversations about little nothings.

"you reckon that nick will get mad at me when he finds out we're dating?" matt asked you. nick was your brother, your best friend. "no i don't think so. you two have known each other for way too long for him to get mad at you about that. i know he thinks you're a good guy just as much as i do, love." you reassured him, leaning down and giving him a heartfelt kiss.

"that's good..." you stopped playing with his hair and starting massaging his temples. "i've actually questioned nick on it." you added. "really? what did he say?" he started getting more comfortable by slightly moving his position. "he said he wouldn't care as long as there's no sex involved. he was joking, though." you let out a soft chuckle.

"oh. that rule is broken," he let out a fairly loud laugh. "did he say anything actually serious?" he questioned. you went back to playing with his fluffy, curly hair. "yeah. he said he would be disappointed if i got hurt in any way. which i'm not worried about because i know you wouldn't ever do that on purpose."
your hands went down to his arms and massaged his muscles.

"you have nothing to worry about y/n, im not like that. you don't deserve that, especially because of the stuff i know you have been through. even if you asked for it, i could never do it." your heart melted, the sound of the music from the record player tuned back into your brain. "i-i love you matt." you replied.

that was the first time you had said that to him. part of you had no regrets because you felt it was true. "really? you- you mean it?!" he smiled. "i love you too y/n!" he pulled your face down and kissed you lovingly.

nick walked in right in the middle of the kiss. you pulled away from matt and looked at nick. "why do you always interrupt me?" you groaned. "because that's what big brothers do. the question here is, why didn't i know about you and matt? congratulations but fuck off! i've been shipping you two for absolutely forever."

you and matt were obviously surprised by this; usually when you dated people nick would be all mad about it because he's protective. "you have?!" you and matt said in unison.
"yes! i have. now i'll let you two get back to your business, im gonna go tell alex because he didn't think you two would ever even admit you had feelings for each other."

he walked away excitedly. "you betted on me and matt dating?!" you playfully yelled. "yep! 20 extra pounds in me pocket for me!" once nick was out of sight you looked back at matt.

"... i apologize for nick. anyways, i love you more." you tapped his nose. "what? that's not fair! i love you more!" he protested. "no you don't. i do."
you two continuously fought about this for a solid five minutes.
"i said, i love you more!" he exclaimed, pulling you in closely on your bed and holding you tightly so you couldn't talk.

"fine fine! you win... this time." you said, muffled in his chest. he let go a little to give you a long kiss. "i'm so happy to have you." his tone turned serious and loving again. "i'm happy to have you, love." you replied.

"i love you."

"... i love you more."

_________________________________

edited!