𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The bed was cold, the warmth I had been feeling the entire night before had disappeared and I involuntarily flung my eyes open.

My heart dropped when I found his side empty but smiled when I remembered the way he had held me last night.

We never had sex, neither of us took our clothes off, but just holding each other was enough to make us feel content and happy.

I allowed myself to be vulnerable around him, I told him all that was on my mind until until I finally fell into a peaceful slumber in his arms.

I felt a weight I never I knew I had get lifted from my shoulders, and all I really wanted to do was be with Yves. He had apologized and admitted that he had been in the wrong for not clearly expressing his statement.

I slipped out of bed with a small smile on my face. As I was about to go into the bathroom, I found a lime green note on the nightstand before walking over to it.

~There is a meeting at 10AM. Be at the office by then.

I sighed at the reminiscence of how I had slept, secured in his muscular arms, how he had whispered into my ear when I told him about my insecurities.

So much emotion had been exchanged in that short span of time but I felt so connected to Yves. He felt like my true soul mate, my guardian angel.

I showered then dressed up in a black tight dress with some stilettos then a white coat on top. I brushed through my hair and curled my waves to perfection before spritzing some designer perfume all over myself.

When I got downstairs, Aiden was nowhere to be seen at the breakfast table but I enjoyed my waffles and fruit nevertheless.

I made my way to the car and then sat in the back seat, while the chauffeur drove me to the destination. I stared out at the vegetation in the meantime and before I knew it, we were parked in front of the Nicholson skyscraper.

I made my way into the building and on the way a few people greeted me. A way to be in Yves' good books. I got into the elevator and side as I looked down at the majestic silvery glass structures below as well as the people that moved about the company as usual.

I checked into Yves' office and found his back turned, his phone against his ear as he spoke powerfully. He was firm and his tone was an extremely manipulative one. Yves always got what he wanted, even I was at his mercy. I settled in my chair quietly, taking my things out quietly.

"My terms and conditions will not be altered or adjusted. If he can't accept them then don't bother with me, I have other important things to attend to," his face was void of any emotion as he spoke firmly.

His strong, robust muscles rippled as he crossed his large arms together and I clenched my thighs tightly together as his resonant voice thundered across the room.

"I don't give a toss. I see you've not only wasted my time, but my resources too. I am cancelling the contract with immediate effect and you can get a lawyer for all I care, cheers." Yves hung up before turning to face me. He was so fucking hot whenever he was upset.

My heart did a mini somersault as I met his familiar grey eyes. The same ones that had stared at me with so much love last night.

"Isla," I noticed the slight tug of his lips and the relief was evident in his features.

"I hope you're not angry," I wiggled my eyebrows as he chuckled deeply. He settled in his chair before fixing his intense gaze on me.

"No. It's quite a shame that some people just have the money but not a professional business mentality," he shook his head slowly. "Why don't you come over here for a bit Isla?"

Yves was so eloquently smooth, knowing that I wouldn't resist him.

"Why?" I smiled innocently whilst opening my laptop.

"You're my girlfriend, no?" He bit his lip slowly as I began to tingle eagerly. It felt good being his. I sighed heavily before getting up from my chair, removing my jacket as per his usual preference and strutted towards him.

"This dress Isla... Look at your curves," he exhaled while turning his chair to face me directly. Despite me standing, my face was level with his now. He really was a giant.

"I swear if I see anyone staring at you I'll rip their eyes out." I laughed loudly at his statement as he carried my body effortlessly and placed me on his laps. I giggled as he lifted my chin and stared down at me with his stormy grey eyes.

"I wish I had met you earlier," I smiled widely, stroking his small stubble.

"Me too. You know, I feel like taking you to a far away place. Just the two of us," Yves' deep voice echoed throughout my body, a small shiver resulting from the effect.

"That'd be nice," I smiled as he leaned down to peck my lips. That simple gesture made the butterflies flutter in my gut.

"Very. We have a business meeting in Italy in two days," I gaped at his statement.

"When were you planning to tell me this?" I nudged his huge shoulder.

"Right now. I just did so," he shrugged, his large hand squeezing my ass gently.

"What if I had plans-"

"You don't. You're my PA and according to the contract, this job is your first priority over anything else." He gave me a smug smile.

"Yeah yeah, Mr. Nicholson. What time is your meeting?" I questioned whilst moving off his laps.

"Right now. I wanted to see my beautiful woman first," I blushed profusely at his statement.

He stood up effortlessly before getting his brief case and putting his jacket back on. I also got my things and fixed my appearance.

"Come on," he touched the small of my back and led me out of his office. We were a few weeks into our relationship, and it really felt like he was my world. I was happy, and I think I deserved it.

________
Happy Valentines my loves!
A romantic update for y'all,
I hope you enjoyed, mwah!