𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Chapter 19

"What?" I gasped, a smirk forming on his lips. I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked standing there and suddenly, I wanted to slap myself for thinking like that.

"You heard me." He casually entered the room and looked down at me as though I were a little kid.

"Aren't there any other rooms?"

"They're locked. Aiden did it on purpose," Yves shrugged as I sighed heavily, feeling irritated by Aiden's behavior.

I left the bedroom and made my way down to the kitchen, anything to distract myself from reality. I pulled the fridge door open and nearly screamed upon seeing the amount of food packed inside. There wasn't even the slightest space to put anything else, not even a small carton of yogurt.

I took a bottle of ice water and when I closed the door, Yves was standing in front of me. I placed my hand on my chest to prevent myself from reacting dramatically then craned my neck high to look at him.

"You can't avoid me now Isla. We are going to talk about Italy, whether you like it or not." I squealed in shock when I was suddenly lifted from the ground and placed on the high kitchen counter. His huge arms caged me before I could jump off and he placed himself between my legs.

"Fine. What do you want to say Yves?" I drank a bit of my water before placing the bottle on the counter.

"I want to acknowledge my mistakes and apologise for my actions. I made you feel bad about yourself and that was not my intention. I didn't mean to make you upset, and you have every right to be. Please forgive me, I swear this past month has been torture from silent treatment." He reached out to take my hand.

"I really owed you an apology for putting you through pain. It was not my pure intention and I never had an affair with Sienna. Her husband is one of the greatest investors in my company, I'd never do that to him." I gasped yet again, his story lifting a weight from my shoulders.

"I appreciate it. I apologise too, I got a bit carried away. I promise to make less assumptions." I smiled warmly.

"It's fine. Aiden doesn't know about us yet. I specifically asked him to get us this house because I told him that I didn't want to have a meeting with my clients in my house as planned and that I wanted it to be somewhere else, but since you're my PA, you had to come along too, so he had to intervene and force you to come along." I didn't bat an eye as he gave me his explanation.

"I don't know what to say, did you lock those doors as well?" I covered my mouth when he just smiled.

"You're a tough cookie to deal with. I had to come up with a plan, remember how I told you that I was going to take you somewhere far away from the mansion right after the trip to Italy, where we'd spend some quality time together just the two of us." Yves' arms wrapped around my waist and this time I nudged his chest.

"How could you do this?" I gasped.

"I'm not sorry about it. I know that you are the perfect woman for me Isla, I'm thinking of firing you as my Personal Assistant already." I gave him a shocked expression.

"Hey! I still need my job," I giggled as Yves pushed me down onto the cold counter, his warm hands firm on my thighs.

"You won't need one when you become my wife," he murmured against my ear, his teeth gently nibbling on my earlobe.

"Really now?" I placed my arms against his hard, muscular chest.

"Yes really. So tell me Isla, have you forgiven me?" Yves' voice got deeper and sexier by the minute, his musk clouding my brain and making me crave him even more.

"I forgive you, Yves." I smiled as he looked down at me. He leaned down to give me a gentle but hot kiss, one that left me flustered and needy for his soft plump lips.

"Good girl," he rasped, his hand sliding into my tights and squeezing my ass.

"Aren't you the most beautiful woman I've ever met Isla?" Yves smiled to himself whilst licking my neck and suckling on my weak spot.

I moaned quietly at this, my hands fisting his shirt and desperately trying to unpin the buttons that served as an obstruction.

"Hmm, still impatient, I see." He pulled completely away from me as I whined in protest.

"Listen, I was called in for an emergency at work, it should not take long, I hope." He pushed some hair out of my face before giving me a chaste kiss.

"Okay. I'll just be here, if you come late don't expect me to be awake," Yves chuckled at my statement before speaking.

"It depends on the problem. I might be early or I might be late, don't wait up if I'm not back by 9PM alright?" I nodded slowly and smiled when he gave me another gentle kiss.

I bid him goodbye and after that, I went for a swim outside then ate some fried chicken and chips. I watched a few films on Netflix then took an evening shower.

Yves wasn't back by then so I had a brief dinner, read a book then finally drifted off to sleep in the extremely huge bed, with only one person in my mind.