𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘~𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Chapter 24

I descended the staircase, humming a small tune to myself. Yves was nowhere to be seen but I didn't mind. I couldn't stop thinking about last night and I was eager to see him again. Kiss him again...

"Oh Christ," I quickly turned my head away the moment I saw Aiden making out with someone. But it wasn't just anyone.

"Oh, I didn't know you two were together," I watched as Aiden pushed her white thong into his trousers' pocket, pulling slowly away from her the moment I made my presence known.

"Seriously Island? You always cockblock-"

"Hey! I didn't even know you were kissing, besides, this is a kitchen. It's not meant for that." I smirked at Katerina as she blushed profusely.

"To answer your question, we're not toge-"

"We are together, don't listen to her," he gave her a silent warning before turning back to me with his usual smirk.

"You two are so cute together," I acknowledged as I saw their blatant height differences. Katerina was pretty short and Aiden looked tall and very muscular beside her. "How long have you been together?"

"Shut up and go to work Island. Our relationship is not something you should bother speculating." He winked before whispering to Katerina. With the way they were looking at each other, it was something very dirty or romantic.

"Don't tell Yves about this yet, he'll know when we're ready to tell him." Katerina begged me, her soft voice very dulcet.

"Sure. It's not my place to do so," I held my hands up in surrender.

"Great. See you later Island, we don't want Sevy getting upset with you for arriving late." Aiden winked before pulling Katerina along with him, heading up the stairs as she giggled quietly. I cooed to myself before grabbing a fruit, some iced coffee and a granola bar.

I ate my fruit during the drive to the Nicholson Company and when I arrived, I slipped some dark sunglasses on, that matched the black vest, tight pencil skirt and stylish coat I was wearing.

Despite the previous day's events, I walked through the doors in a graceful and calm manner, completely ignoring the whispers and getting on with my life.

I took Yves' private elevator because he had given me a personal card to use it. Only Aiden and I were permitted to use it and that made me feel so special and privileged.

I got to the familiar silent and dark corridor before stopping in front of Yves' door. I unlocked it and since he wasn't there, I headed straight to his large seat. He must have been in a private meeting somewhere in the company because I always travelled with him as his PA.

"Fuck, two hundred and two emails in just one day?" I stared at the inbox section of the mail in disbelief, lowering my glasses to check if I was seeing correctly.

I had responded to almost three hundred of them the previous day and I had been left with only ten but I guess it had changed.

"You can do this Isla, this is what you signed up for." I told myself before tucking my chair and opening the first emails, the auto-generated responses saving me half of the stress.

I had gotten so absorbed in listing all the events and invitations that he had received on mail or some subscriptions that needed to be renewed that I didn't see him standing right beside me.

It was until his aquatic scent became unbearablly intoxicating that I looked up and found his gorgeous grey eyes gazing at me, his stature looking way taller than usual. Or maybe it was my illusion.