𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘~𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Oh my word! Isla, is that you? You look so amazing," she rushed over to me as I stood frozen in place.

She wrapped her arms around me but I didn't hug her back as I reminisced all that had transpired a year ago. All I wanted to do was slap her unconscious.

"This is a gorgeous house! I've only ever seen it in the movies! Wow, look at the rotating gold chandelier, and the glass staircase! A glass staircase!" She was screaming as she looked around the house in pure awe.

"What do you want Emma?" My tone was cold as I scanned her.

Instead of her previously beautiful face and body, she had gained tons of weight, her skin was covered in blemishes and her hair was sparce and thinner than before.

She had changed so much that I had nearly failed to recognize her were it not for her awfully familiar voice. I was all about body positivity as someone who struggled with it, but when it came to Emma, I just didn't feel the empathy.

"Oh Isla, I missed you dearly! I don't know why I ever left, but I knew that you were meant to be successful." She tried to hug me but I stepped back.

"I'll call Security if you keep touching me, I'd appreciate you don't lay your filthy hands on me," I dusted my shoulder as she tilted her head.

"You look super hot too, where did you get all those beautiful curves, and this expensive outfit too? Wow, you look like those unreal, perfect models on Instagram. Oh I know, you're the biggest billionaire in the world's assistant. I'd do anything to see Yves honestly, he's a hot man." She sighed dreamily before looking at me again, "have you slept with him yet? You should have, who would pass on that kind of opportunity-"

"If you're here to talk about all this irrelevant nonsense, then please see your way out. I have better things to do," I shifted my weight to my other leg.

"Wow, you're expensive now, huh? Listen Isla, I know I ditched you but I have changed, you've always been my best friend and that will never change. It was a huge mistake going to Europe, I wish I could turn back time and keep you in my life-"

"That will never happen, ever! You left me alone to sleep on the streets, I had to fend for myself day and night, I worked three jobs per day to stay afloat and never did you ever call me or decide to come back. Now that I'm living my best life, you want me back?" I scoffed as Emma looked down in guilt.

"I didn't mean to, it was an impulsi-"

"So why didn't you come back after perhaps three months? You decided to come after a whole year and when I'm successful? You're fucking crazy to think that I'd welcome you with open arms. Go back to your new best friend that you ditched me for," I was about to walk away but she stopped me.

"Please Isla, I have nowhere else to go. My brother kicked me out in Europe and I lost all my friends. You're the only person I can count on because you're an angel, you'd never let me sleep on the street, would you?" Emma gazed at me.