𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"What's going on? What did you eat?" Aiden stroked my hair as I gave him a weak look.

"I don't know, I think that mac and cheese I left for three days then ate this morning wasn't a very good idea on my part." I inhaled deeply when I felt the bile start to rise in my throat. I was having a severe stomach problem and slight migraine.

"Why would you do that? There's abundant food in this place Island," he gave me a bewildered look.

"I don't waste, plus I didn't know-"

"Now look what it has cost you, you can't even come to work-" He sighed lightly and stared helplessly at my deathly pale face, "do you want me to stay and look after you?" He gave me a softer expression.

"No, I'm okay. You go to work, I'll be better tomorrow." I patted his arm then groaned lowly.

"Are you sure? I could-"

"I'm sure, Katerina is around. I'll be okay," I smiled slightly then took a deep breath.

"Okay. I'll be back soon to check up on you, remember to take your meds okay?" He placed a kiss on my forehead then stood up.

"Yes. Tell Yves I said hi," I whispered before turning on my stomach.

"Sure. I don't think he'd be happy to know that you're sick though," he patted my back.

"He can come and visit me," I smiled sweetly and shut my eyes tightly in attempts to fall asleep.

"Okay. Get well soon Island," I hummed in appreciation as he gave me a back hug then left.

I groaned in pain for nearly one hour straight, fisting my pillow whenever sharp, unbearable pains surged through my body. I cried in silence, enduring the terrible pains.

After much suffering, I finally fell into a deep but peaceful sleep. I didn't dream, nor did I think about anything.

By the time I woke up, it was already 4PM in the afternoon and I was relieved to feel that the stomach ache was no longer there. I had slept the entire day with no disturbance.

I smiled happily and slipped out of my plush, comfortable and warm bed then headed into the bathroom to shower since I hadn't done so. I hummed a happy tune to myself, glad that I was healthy again and back to normal.

After my shower, I decided to dress up in my grey leggings and sports bra then a loose tank on top to go for a short run, just to refresh my mind, body and soul. The near sunset looked alluring as well.

I slipped on my matching sneakers and brushed my hair into a high ponytail. Over the past one month, it had transformed back into its original light brown state and I had no choice but to get the dye removed completely from my hair.

I got myself a large bottle of water downstairs, then a small towel to help me cool down during the run. I didn't want to strain myself too much though.

The guards let me past the gate and I sighed as the gravel crunched underneath my shoe. The road was winding and long, but I enjoyed the thick and dense nature around me.

No wonder no one really knew where Yves stayed, it was in such a secluded area with so many routes, to a point where you could easily get lost.

I finally got into the busier part of the city, and I smiled as I saw other people also exercising. I got into the pedestrian track and started my jog, the warm rays of sun shining on my face. I was certain that if people knew that I was Yves' mysterious girl, I wouldn't be running as freely in the streets as I was doing.

I heaved slightly, my chest already hurting after running quite a short distance. I paused for a little while to catch my breath and take a refreshing gulp of water, then resuming with my jog. It was odd that I was feeling tired, maybe I hadn't recovered quite well. And I guess I was gaining a little more weight. I had definitely done that.

I never really noticed because Yves was constantly telling me that I had such a beautiful body, and that he loved all of my stretch marks and bruises.

He kissed them every night whenever we were together, massaged my body softly and he was always unconsciously touching them. They were one of his favorite things about my body.

I smiled widely at the thought of him, I really missed him so much. He had gone to Paris for a three-day business trip but I had declined going with him because there was so much going on here. I had to manage business with Aiden on this end of the world.

By the time I ran quite a long distance, I could barely breathe and my chest was tight. I stopped by a nearby tree and inhaled deeply, the air around me suddenly seeming too little for me.

I tried to drink some water, but that didn't help either. I panicked when my vision started to blur, my hearing becoming distant as I faintly heard someone say my name. I squinted my eyes slowly and that only made matters worse as I gripped onto someone's bicep.

The person was saying my name, I couldn't comprehend the rest. I tried to speak, but it felt as though my tongue was clamped and tied in place. The last thing I felt, was my limp, aching body give in until everything went dark.

~

I regained consciousness, slowly blinking my eyes with much struggle, until I was met with some bright, blinding lights.

"Ms. Isla, are you awake?" I heard an authoritative voice say and I internally wondered where I was. I was attempting to flashback and reminisce how I got there, and that's when it slowly clicked. Stomach ache. Shower. Jog. The jog.

"W-Where am I?" I whispered as I finally faced an elderly kind-looking man.

"The hospital. The compassionate Mr. Daniels brought you here, you were unconscious for six hours now," he told me as I slowly sat up. Terrence was the person who had saved me?

"Unconscious? What's happening? Am I okay?" I was about to panic but he held my shoulder.

"Yes you are. You are both very healthy," my heart stopped upon hearing his statement.

"Huh? What do you mean both?" I scrunched my face up in confusion as my body started going cold. He looked equally confused as me, then pursed his lips into a grim line.

"Oh, Ms. Isla, you are two and a half months pregnant."

___________
Oop <3