𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Excuse me? I'm what?" I blinked rapidly as the doctor exhaled.

"You're pregnant Isla, and your baby is very healthy. Probably the most healthy baby I've ever encountered." He smiled widely as I stared at him in utter shock. My brain was in overdrive, I couldn't understand what he was just telling me.

Never had I thought that I'd ever become a mother. I was in pure shock, my body unable to do so much as move as he told me about my unexpected baby.

Come to think of it, I hadn't had my period in a long time, and I was constantly feeling hungry. I was also sleepy, but I blamed it on the workload that Yves had been giving me.

At some point, he was concerned about the pattern changes in my behavior. I had fallen asleep multiple times during meetings and whenever I was working in the office, and he eventually gave me a month long rest of working from home.

I had never assumed that I'd ever be in labor, pushing a baby out at some point, and never had I thought that I would have the round, big belly I used to admire on other happily married women.

I was suddenly curious, scared and very impatient. Was it going to be a girl or a boy? How would he/she look like once they were older? What would everyone else say about my pregnancy? Would they say that I had dived in too fast, or that it was a mistake to get pregnant?

The first thing that popped into my mind was Yves. What was I going to say? How was I going to break it to him that I was carrying his baby now?

How was I going to tell him that I had probably slipped up and forgot to take my contraceptives, and that he was going to become a father soon?

"Ms. Isla, you don't need to stress please, it's not beneficial for you or the baby. Congratulations though, I can tell that this is fresh news to you. Don't fret. Would you like me to confide to anyone about your pregnancy, or should we keep it confidential? We highly respect people's privacy," his voice was gentle, easing my anxiety a little bit.

"No, no. I don't want anyone to know about it yet, I'd prefer to keep it confidential." I said in a tiny voice as I touched my stomach.

I was already starting to feel half excited and half nervous at the fact that I was actually going to be a mother. A tiny creature was actually going to be calling me mommy. It was a hard reality hit but I had to take it.

"Very well, you might have to go for some check-ups-"

"Is she okay, Doctor?" A deep voice interrupted us and we simultaneously turned to face none other than Terrence Daniels. My body went cold once again as I looked him right in the eye.

"She is absolutely fine. I will give you two some privacy," he gave Terrence a slight smile. I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor thought that he was the father of my baby.