Authors Note

First, I would like to say that I will be explaining a few things here, but to get the full story, I will be doing a live on Instagram on Saturday, January 8th at 12 pm EST. If you can't make it, I will save the video so you can still view it. There, I'm going to go into details about everything. You'll be able to ask questions also.

My Instagram is @_maraa_d

If you haven't seen all the drama going on, then I'm going to catch you up.

People think it's cute to steal my stories. This isn't something new, but it's been happening more within the last three days. This isn't how I wanted to bring in the new year. I'm not name-dropping because we've already handled the situation. This person has started a new story, so hopefully, they won't continue to copy me and other authors' work in the future. Please DO NOT harass her.

But, we have a new person stealing my and other author's stories. Not only did this person steal scenes from Bound To The Sinner, but they have also used names, pictures, and plots from Unraveling Isabel. I'm pretty sure this person knows who they are because I see that they comment on my stories often. You can't take the characters of my story then mix it with another author's plot.

I tried to be friendly and reach out to these people, but at this point, I'm not playing nice anymore. It's plagiarism whether you changed a few details or not. You're copying my work. You knew what you did, so be prepared to answer my lawyer. I don't want to see any tears or any apologies. You're old enough to know what you did.

As for me, I'm taking down all of my stories. I'm not going to keep my stories up and allow people to steal my shit. I know many of you will be upset, but as authors, we work hard on our stories, and we're not even getting paid for this.

Imagine someone taking something you've worked hard for then getting attention for it. It's fucking disgusting.

With that being said, I was going to wait to tell you this, but I will be transferring my work to another platform. I am in the process of getting that ready, so please be patient with me. All of my stories and also new stories will be posted there. I need a few months to prepare for that, so I hope you will be kind enough to wait for me.

I want to start fresh this new year. I'm really excited about what's to come. Not only will you be able to read my stories, but there will also be so much more.

I just wanted to let you all know that this will NOT be the last time you see me. Like I said, please be patient with me. When everything is up and running, I will be sure to let you all know where you can find me. For now, I will have to keep things a secret.

I have to get off this app because it's toxic and also unfair that they allow people to steal.

It's best if you follow my Instagram @_maraa_d

I will be posting sneak peeks, and also, that's the best way to get in contact with me if you need me.

Again, I'm really sorry to take my stories down so suddenly; it needed to be done. I'm not going to allow people to continue stealing from me.

Thank you for all the support you have shown me. I really appreciate it!