0.5

// What you need to know before reading:

The reader is around 12-13 years old.

This snippet explains what happened and how Y/N comes to live with Aizawa.\\

He placed a comforting hand on your shoulder as you stood silently. Cold tears slowly slid down your reddened cheeks as you stared at the lifeless body of your father placed neatly in the opened casket. Next to him, laid your mother in an almost identical casket, both dressed in their best clothes. You choked back a sob as you turned to face your uncle, "Are you going to die, too?"

Aizawa could only give you a sympathetic look and squeezed your shoulder gently before responding, "I can't say that I won't, Y/N, but -"

You shrugged off his hand and turned to glare at him through tear filled eyes. "Then why did you offer to take me in? You should have just let me live in an orphanage like all the other kids with dead parents." His eyes widened slightly in shock, and upon seeing his subtlely surprised and hurt expression, your heart sank, and you turned your face away. "I'm sorry.."

He blinked slowly in response, silently telling you that you're forgiven. He again placed his hand on your shoulder and leaned down to your height (if ur over 6 feet then ... then... Get out of my kitchen, you donut!) "Y/N."

You glanced up at him in response, then down at the floor. "Y/N, look at me and listen." His tone was stern yet very paternal as he spoke. You hesitated but brought your gaze back up to his face. "I can't promise you that I'm not going to die; death is inevitable. But I can promise you that I'll protect you as long as I'm breathing and alive." He stopped and exhaled through his nose, "and you won’t only have me to protect you, you know. Both of your parents will also be protecting you. They're just... Not physically here anymore."

Your eyes again filled to the brim with tears, and you reached up to grip Aizawa's sleeve in a childlike manner. "But I wan.. I want them here! With me!" Your shoulders shook as fresh tears streamed down your cheeks, your breathing becoming irregular with every choked sob that escaped your lips.

He came to the conclusion that the only thing he could do for you was to hold you close to him and let you cry. Because no words can heal a broken heart, and actions speak louder than words.

Tbc.