Summer Break (Ch1)

"-In more heartbreaking news, 8-year-old Simon Cloudel, still has not been found. Chief officer Kent announced that today they are closing the case and the search of the 8-year-old- "

*GASP*

You turn your head to the source of the interruption; you saw your mother with her hand over her mouth shaking her head. You took your last spoon full of the healthy oats she had given you, you stood up and proceeded to walk to the sink and wash the bowl out.

"They can't do that, can they?!", your mother questions, her voice filled with dread. "It's only been 2 months! Isn't the law 7 years or something?!", she sounds more frantic.

You finish washing your bowl and walk over to her putting a hand on her shoulder, as an attempt to comfort her. She grabs it and holds it tightly. "-with all the kids disappearing they are closing all old cases as an attempt, to put more officers on the new ones. It isn't right whatsoever though, Dee, Abby, Amy, and Kev still go out searching for all the old close cases though.", I reassured her. The last thing I need is for her to have another panic attack, mother has always been easy to scare, she worries over the littlest of things and these recent disappearances have not helped her with that. I let go of her and walk over to the remote and switch off the TV. I turn and look at the time on the clock, it's time to go, the last day of school. "Hey mama, I have to dash now, ill see you when I get home, ya?", I state as I grab my bag and camera, and head for the door.

"You can stay home, y'know? We could have a girls-day?", she piped up grabbing my hand. I turned and looked down at the small woman, for a mother in her 40s, she knows how to plead like a child. "I don't think I can, Mama...., I have to hand in my assignment to Ms. Le-Sweet, if I don't hand it in today, I have come back during summer for detention.", I huffed.

"it's the last day though? C'mon N/N, honey, everyone would be ditching school today! Why not ditch it with your mother, I can be your alibi, plus you will be safe with me!", she reasoned. So that's what this is about, she doesn't want me going to school by myself. I'm sure she would let me go if I insisted on it, even then she would want to drive me to and back from school. It wasn't worth the hassle, plus what kind of teenager would I be if I refused a chance to skip with an alibi.

"Ok fine, let's have a girl day!", I sighed. My mother beamed and grabbed my head and showered my face with kisses. "Ok, ok, ok, ok, OK- ", I replied after every kiss planted. She lets go and walks into the kitchen to call the school. I walk up to my room to put my stuff away and grab my F/B purse with my, notepad, pen, keys and flip phone in it. I then grab my favorite jacket and tie it around my hips. I walk back down to the kitchen to see my mother was off the phone and was counting the money in her purse. "Soooo, what should we do today? Should we go out shopping, to the cinema?", I ask wondering if she thought this far ahead. 

"I think we should go to the new 'Fredbear Faz diner' thingy.", She replied while doing a weird movement with her hand. "What? Why would you want to go there?", I questioned, startled by her reply. She looked at me and shrugged. "I remember going to the first Fredbear Family Diner when I was little, and I'm curious how different the animatronics are. Because the original Fredbear was scary, I remember hiding behind your grandma to get away from it. And I may have read the article draft you are working on, about the history and the string of murders. I thought it would be interesting.", she shrugged off. I sighed and shook my head, I let out a small, amused chuckle. I should have known she would find read the draft eventually, she knows everything, it's why I don't bother keeping a diary anymore. I threw it out after she had gone through it one time and found out I was Bisexual. She was happy and supportive but sad I kept it from her, since then we tell each other everything because there's no point hiding it.

"So, let's get in the car and go already I want to see the Diner!", she piped. We walked through the door and climb into the car. "y'know it's a mall now, right?", I ask her. She nodded her head and reversed out of the driveway.

(Authors note)

hi sorry for the long introduction and sorry it's boring I like typing a lot of banter, and IDK what I'm doing. I promise Monty and stuff in the next chapter. I will probably drag scenes out a bit, so I apologize. Also, I suck at describing characters, so be warned.