«PRELUDE»

The kingdom of Krest is untouchable.

Beyond any other kingdom in all aspects: imports and exports, army, strength, Krest is prospering under their long-reigning king Atticus Styles. The only thing that seperates Krest from other kingdoms is their banishment of magical abilities. Magical abilities are considered curses. The king deems any citizen of Krest with magical ablities as a Mutant and banishes them to foreign land, where they become either corrupt pirates or outlaws, travelling the high seas in rotting ships in search of danger and adventure. He even banished his own bastard son, Harry Styles, who is now rumored to be a notorious pirate aboard a rogue ship called the Black Thorn.

Everything seems to be going exquisitely in Krest, but little do they know that Harry Styles, the king's son, and a band of his Mutant allies are planning a vicious attack against them.

Blake, a young, poor villager, finds herself in the middle of a problem. When her mother becomes ill, she must find a way to contact her older brother, who is the general of the Command: the people in charge of order and lawfulness. But the only way to reach him is to commit a crime herself. Because of this, all hell breaks loose. She suddenly finds herself in the middle of Harry's attack on Krest, forcing her to decide between what is right and what is wrong in order to stay alive.

Her life will never be the same.

This is war.