The Night that changed her world

April laid in bed, curled into Matt. It was a peaceful and calm night, work went by fast, the dinner was amazing. Her phone rang, waking both of them. Matt groaned as April let go of him, sitting up she answered her phone.
"Hello? .... Yes this is her....." 
Matt sat up hearing her heart race. 
"I- I see....Yes I'll be there right away....thank you." 
She hung up the phone and sat there in silence.
"What's wrong April?"
She looked at him before getting off the bed and heading to the closet.
"I'm requested at the police station." 
She didn't know why she was calm, part of her wanted to believe this was some sick joke. She threw on her coat and a pair of pants. Matt sat up looked in her direction concerned. 
"April? April what's wrong?" 
She walked to the living room pausing at the front door. 
"My father is out of town....I have to go ID a body."
He got out of bed and walked towards her, 
"What?! Who's? I'm coming with."
She smiled at him and opened the door. 
"I'll be ok...and you know who, I'll be home soon ok?"
Before he could get to her, she was out the door. As she drove to the station, realization hit, a robbery gone wrong, if she was there...maybe it would've been different. She arrived to the station, as she walked in it felt as if all eyes were on her. Walking down those cold stone stairs, as they reached the morgue felt like an eternity.