Zurich part 2

The sorcerers first morning in Switzerland arrived. As (y/n) was still sleeping, Satoru was laying awake next to her, watching her peaceful face.

He wondered why he felt drawn to her, why he just couldn't let some distance get between them.

'She has potential' he thought 'she can be useful to me.'

That was the explanation for his behavior, at least what he would tell himself every time he wondered about the woman, and as always a reply came with a voice that sounded awfully similar to Iori's.

'That isn't the only reason. You know it, you just have to admit it. You like her, you're in lov...'

As the sorcerer was about to argue back in his head, movements from the woman next to him caught his attention. To hide his feelings, he put on a big smile while waiting.

(Y/n) was suffering from jetlag and adding all the walking they did the day before, she went to bed exhausted. As she woke up, she stretched her limbs. When her arm hit something she opened her eyes and faced no one less than probably the strongest sorcerer alive.

"What the fu... What are you doing in my bed Gojo?"

In a blink of an eye, (y/n) got up while her brain tried to assimilate the information.

Meanwhile, the white haired man made himself more comfortable on the bed, his hands going behind his head while his smile grew into a grin. "I was waiting for you to wake up. We have a full day so I need you to be rested."

"You could have waited somewhere else, you creep..." she mumbled under her breath as she went to the bathroom. And then she remembered.

"Don't you dare to peek at me now!"

Turning the cold water on in the sink, (y/n) looked at the mirror. As she watched her flushed reflection, her thoughts ran wild in her mind as she tried to talk some sense into herself.

'Calm down, focus. He is just trying to mess with you. Remember your goals. You aren't falling for him as he isn't falling for you. It was all a game to get close to him, to get the information you need. Now you just need to be useful to him so he gives you answers.'

Some deep inhales later and the freshly washed face, the woman was almost convinced of her own words, almost...

*****

Sometime later the pair was entering an office on the 34th floor of a tower with blueish glass walls. (Y/N) remembered how Gojo had pointed out that building, something about it being one of the highest in Switzerland. But whatever, the view from that office was astonishing. No wonder, this was the office of a higher-up. The man nodded to them in acknowledgment, probably considering them not worthy to stand up and greet them properly.

"So you are Satoru Gojo? I was expecting you yesterday." The man said in a deep voice with a heavy accent.

Not waiting for a seat to be offered, Gojo sat on the chair in front of the desk and began to examine the various things that were on the desk. And by examining I mean touching them, lifting and casually playing with them. The higher-up and probably businessmen grew visibly impatient, stopping Satoru from grabbing a picture frame.

"I have informed you were an eccentric man but I didn't know you were child-like. And I thought you are considered one of the strongest sorcerers nowadays."

(Y/N) launched a side glance at the sorcerer and saw him relaxed sitting in his chair.

"You want a report then Mr. Meier? We arrived yesterday and I didn't report in because I knew you would put on us a guide in a black suit who would be rather suspicious in this hot weather. While staying incognito, my partner and I were able to get to know the city and the surroundings of the bar where the sorceresses disappeared."

As Gojo talked (y/n) recalled the things he mentioned. They walked a lot through the city the day before. She thought it was just for fun, all the sites viewing, but it seemed it wasn't just like that. Then they ended up having lunch in a kebab stand that was 'coincidentally' in front of the bar where the women went missing.

'That bastard just keeps surprising me. And I thought he was just slacking off all the time.'

*** That night at the bar ***

(Y/N) felt watched as she danced on the dance floor. She wasn't sure if that was because she knew Gojo was keeping an eye on her or if there was someone else watching her. She preferred not to think too much, or else she thought that there was a possibility of being kidnapped by a creep who was taking sorceresses. What he did to them was still unknown.

Satoru would never admit he was nervous because of something, but there was something about this mission that didn't add up. He was asked by name to take on this mission. Till meeting Mr. Meier he didn't think much about it because he was the best and with sorcerers' life at stake, it wouldn't be surprising asking for him. But Mr. Meier had only heard sporadically about him as it seems, so why spend all that money to get him?

His eyes never left (y/n) out of sight. He had brought her to play bait but now it got him nervous. Although knowing from Nanami that the sorceress was an excellent fighter, he still felt the need to protect her.

"Hi handsome, can I make you company?"

A woman with short black hair and revealing cleavage sat on the chair in front of him, handing him a drink.

"I'm flattered but not in the mood for company, and I don't drink alcohol right now."

The woman looked visibly disappointed. "I asked the bartender if he remembered what you had ordered and he said it was this mocktail."

Looking back at the woman, Satoru found that she was attractive and if he was by himself it would possibly be suspicious. So he took a sip from the drink while beginning some small talk.

As (y/n) continued dancing, she took a glance at her colleague as she did many times before. Normally he wouldn't look in her direction, but she knew his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses could see things no one else saw, even if he wasn't looking at things. But right now he wasn't alone. He was drinking with an attractive woman while talking and all smiling at her.

Somehow the sorceress's mood dropped while heat and fury raised inside her.

'He dares to flirt in front of me? I mean on a mission where he is supposed to keep an eye on me? That baka...'

Needless to say, the ex-bartender was in no mood to continue dancing. Without thinking she ordered a glass of whisky, hoping for the strong alcohol to keep some peace of mind. Without taking her eyes off Satoru, she poured down the liquor in two gulps. The warmth of the alcohol soon made itself noticeable in her stomach, flushing her cheeks.

Not being able to see the man flirt on a mission, she stood up. Her head spun making her hold on to the counter for stability. She wasn't expecting the alcohol to have such a fast reaction on her.

As her attention got back to Gojo, she saw him look directly at her, his expression of worry and disbelief. He stood up and made a step toward her, but then fell almost to the ground, his fall only prevented by the short-haired woman.

(Y/N) knees began to give in when she felt someone support her.

"There, there young lady. Don't worry, I got you."

Looking at the man next to her, (Y/N) tried to remember who he was. This close, she could feel his cursed energy. It was very well suppressed so this man was probably a strong sorcerer.

"Who are you?" she managed to ask.

"Me? Just the bartender." Leaning closer to her he whispered into her ear. "The one who poisoned you and your friend.

*****

Finally! It felt like forever since I published a new chapter. Thank you for staying around. I'm still trying to adapt to my new life and wasn't able to focus on writing much. But I will finish this story. I have it already in my head, I only need to find the right words...

I know this isn't one of my best chapters, but I just needed it out, because I have been writing and rewriting this for months. Hope the next one will be easier 😘