fifteen | family christmas

-FIFTEEN-

"I can't do this." Hyperventilated Ophelia as she stood at her sister's apartment door, Kate and Lucky by her side. 

"Yes you can. Just knock on the door. It's Christmas Eve, and everyone's gonna be together, hon. It's the perfect opportunity." Kate smiled, kissing the older woman on the cheek. 

"Right. I can totally do this." Nodded Ophelia. She knocked on the door, her silver-ringed hand quivering like a leaf. 

The door was opened by a 10-year-old girl, who asked, "May I help you?" Ophelia smiled and replied, "Yeah, um...is this Asterin Moonshadow's house?" 

The 10-year-old suddenly squealed, "Aunt Felita!? Is that you?!" The huntress nodded, "Hi, Gracie." 

"Mummy! Auntie Felita's here!" The little girl, Gracie, ran inside. A woman suddenly appeared, w ho looked like a copy of the huntress, except for her eyes, which were a light hazel brown. 

"Ophelia?" Exhaled the woman. Ophelia waved shyly, "Hey, Asterin."  But was suddenly engulfed in a bone-crushing hug. Kate 'aww'ed at the reaction, and hurried inside when the woman pulled the huntress inside. 

The house was large and scattered with toys. A pair of toddlers ran over, who sported shocking white hair and grey eyes just like Ophelia. She felt her eyes go wide at seeing them, considering they, too, had been blipped. 

"Alaric and Azriel! Hello!" She kneeled down and hugged both the 6-year-olds, and stood to meet the eyes of her mother.

Kate looked at Esmeray Moonshadow and noticed that her girlfriend had inherited her mother's looks. Esmeray had the same dark brown hair, well-built figure and round, pale face. Her eyes, though, were hazel brown, like Asterin's. Next to her stood a man who had shocking white hair like the twins, and grey eyes which switched to silver every now and then. 

"Mum, Dad." Grinned the huntress. The pair grabbed their daughter and pulled her into a hug, all of them crying tears of joy. 

Once the heartfelt moment ended, Ophelia put an arm around Kate, saying, "Mum, Dad, Terra, this is my girlfriend, Kate Bishop." 

"Well, I'm not going to be that dad and threaten you, so I'll just say it. Welcome to the family, Kate!" Grinned Stephen. 

"Thanks." Kate replied, after being hugged by both of them. 

"Right, we were going to call Draven, but he'll arrive on Christmas morning tomorrow. We were, in fact, just about to sit for tea. Would you like to join us, Kate?" Offered Asterin. 

"I'd love to!" The younger woman beamed. 

"Let's get on with it, then! I'm starving!" Exclaimed one of the longer-haired twins, Alaric. The adults chuckled and sat down, happy to be reunited as a family once again.

--Time Skip--

Yelena walked down the unfamiliar street, glancing at her phone occasionally to check the street and apartment number. She reached a quaint-looking building, which looked like a normal New York apartment building. A lot better than Ophelia's, she admitted to herself. 

The smell of gingerbread and cookies reached her nose, while the sounds of a Holiday Special crackled through most of the houses. 

She passed each floor till she arrived at a black and silver painted door. She knocked hesitantly, petting Fanny to calm herself down. The dog barked and pulled at the leash, eager to run inside the new house.