𝐎𝐍𝐄.

"𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 a great day at school sweetie!" my mom yells as i walk out of the car

"𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 a great day at school sweetie!" my mom yells as i walk out of the car. i see my best friend gwen waiting for me infront of the chemistry room, a huge smile plastered on her face.

i haven't seen her since before winter break, so she pulls me into an enormous hug, her head in my neck.

"i missed you so much gwen!"

"i missed you more! let's go to class."

i walk into the classroom and can tell that it would be colorful, but i wish i could see it. gwen is lucky she can see color, but when she meets her soulmate, a colored circle will appear on her wrist.

it turns out that she has never met flash, but for some reason, i really think he's gwen's soulmate. chemistry goes by slowly, and so do the rest of my classes.

when i get home, it's around 6 o' clock, since i stayed late at school to finish up my homework. my mom and dad are in the office, talking about something seemingly important. i push myself up against the wall near the door to the room and listen to what they are saying.

"she can't know david, how is she going to going to live the rest of her life? she's too young to balance her school life and this!" my mom whispers to my dad.

"it's her right ellie, she's old enough and maybe it'll do her some good." dad whispers back.

"do you want her to die? even if she figured it out herself, she won't tell us and it will only put her in more danger."

my eyes widen at the word "die." i quickly run up to my room with a slice of pizza in my hand, my parents loud voices still coming from downstairs.

my phone buzzes with a call and i see that it's gwen. i pick up and see her face pop up onto my screen.

"heyy, what's up?" i say, swallowing my pizza as i do.

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HUST HAPPENED!" gwen yells into her phone.

"oh my god what?!"

"I JUST SAW SPIDER-MAN WHILE WALKING HOME!"

my mouth drops open as she explains that while walking home from school, she saw him swinging through the streets of new york. still shocked, says she has to go to bed and we end the call. i quickly brush my teeth and head to bed as well.

NEXT MORNING.

my arms hits my alarm as the blaring noise rings through my ears. i realize that i only have 10 minutes to get ready and jump out of bed. as soon as i'm ready, i run downstairs to see that my parents have already left for work, and grab a banana from the kitchen counter.

i barely make it on the bus, but i see gwen talking to a girl in our class so i sit alone. when i walk into school, the halls are buzzing with chatter as usual, the students standing divided based on their "status." from what gwen tells me, the gold accents decorate the blue school halls, signifying the school colors. the TV infront of the main entrance reminds me that it is a half day, so i only have two classes.

i head to painting and sit down on a stool, grabbing my current artwork, some brushes, and paints.

i finish my painting in 40 minutes when the bell rings. painting is a hard class for me, since i can't see the colors i'm blending and how things turn out, even though i can see the labels. i grab my things and rush to photography where i see gwen waiting for me.

"oh my god, tell me all about spider-man!" i whisper to gwen as we sit down.

"i told you! he was swinging by and god was he fast," she murmurs.

she tells me how hot he was, and we laugh and finish editing our photos for photography. as the bell rings, i head to the bathroom before i go home.

but as i enter the stall, a small pain fills my head, and i get dizzy. i close my eyes but feel a jolt through my body, a whoosh following. and when i look around, i freeze.

i'm in my living room.