your pov

POV:

You are sitting down on the floor at the after party for senior prom. You can tell at this point everyone is starting to get a little drunk, so you decide to grab some punch as well. At the moment, the music coming from the speakers is a weirdly cheerful song that is often used on tiktok. You listen to the noise around you, without necessarily paying attention to the melody. You are just sitting there, with your red cup in your hand, just thinking. Then, from across the room, you see your crush. A girl, named (?), that you've loved ever since 4th grade, but never had the guts to actually tell her. Shes not really your friend, but she usually comes to you if shes feeling down. You see her dancing to the song as well, with a couple of her friends, all of a sudden, sweater weather starts playing, and her mood changes, shes looks kind of dazed, like shes looking for someone, or maybe because shes a little tipsy herself. Nonetheless, you see her talk to her friends, hearing something the lines of "be right back', you see her look in your direction, and you quickly turn your head, blushing. Then, out of nowhere, you hear, "Hi..." Its her voice. Your brain almost completely shuts down from embarrassment, but you quickly regain your composure, and look back up at her. "Hey'",you say back, trying to find your confidence from the corners of your brain. "mind if i sit here?" she says, looking at you. "Um, sure" you say. As she sits down next to you, you take a second to admire her outfit. Her dress is a beautiful shade of blue that goes down almost to her knees, while her hair is put up into a bun, with some little clips. "Uh...can we talk outside for a bit? I kinda need toclear my head and talk to you" she says, you wonder if she is embarrassed herself. "Yea, of course" you say, "i'll follow you" she leads you out to the back of the house, where you can see the dozens of cars parked in the area."so, whats up?" you say, still blushing, you look over at her, and you can see her face getting slightly red too. "I've just had this.. thing on my mind for a couple years now, and i've just been... holding it back. She says, trying to find the right words to say. "I..." she stops speaking, as the chorus of the song is going on, she leans over and kisses you.