Chapter 1

Jake's POV

As I walked through the private school corridors, I catched a glimpse of my girlfriend, Isabella. I smiled and blew her a kiss. Gosh, she was perfect. I walked into the music room to find the bass guitarist, Celestia, and the drummer, Dylan, bickering about something stupid again. Celestia is the same year as me, a sophomore. Dylan is a year younger but he's still my best friend. "What are you two fighting about now?" I rolled my eyes and sat on top of a table. "Dylan keeps yelling at me for throwing my bag at his drums." Celestia said, annoyed. "My baby..." Dylan said softly as he caressed his drums. What a baby.

The others arrived, Scarlett, the lead guitarist and sometimes the second lead singer depending on what she is playing. Kaden, the producer. Madeline, Maddie, or Mads, is the keyboard player. "Fighting again?" Scarlett approached me. "Yep. They've been fighting for 10 minutes now." She giggled as I told her why they are fighting. Scarlett sat with me on the table, waiting for them to stop. "How is your girlfriend? Are you guys still together?" She faced the ground. "Isabella is doing amazing and she just got offered to host the homecoming dance. And we are still together. Our relationship is perfect." Scarlett replied with a quiet "oh".

After they had forgiven each other, we got to practicing for the homecoming song and the competition song. We had stayed there for about 4 hours and the moon was already out. Madeline is the club president and so strict with everything. She didn't even let us take a break. I had promised to help Isabella with the decorations so I bid farewell and ran to the gymnasium, where the homecoming dance was being held. "Glad you could make it. And right on time, too!" She gave me a peck on the cheek and ordered me to carry out the boxes of decorations from the truck.

Hailey's POV:

A week later

"Come on guys! We can do this. Just a couple more hours and the song will be finished." The band groaned at my words. "Hais, I love you and I adore you, but can we PLEASE have a break?!" Milly was crying and begging on her knees. Soon the entire club joined her, even Zander. "Please! My fingers are hurting and my keyboard needs some rest!" Zander yelled out. "Okay, okay, fine!" I finally agreed and everyone started to hug me and thank me.

When the 20 minute break was over, the principal walked in the room and announced something. "Hello music club, I just came here to announce that the private school, King's Academy, that is across town will come visit the school tomorrow for some stupid school bonding stuff that is required by the county. I was hoping if you all could help us decorate the halls and the gym... and maybe sing one of your songs from last year or this year at the party? It doesn't have to be new since I know you all probably have your schedule packed with the band competition and homecoming." The principal said. A private school, but not just any private school, KING'S ACADEMY. The school who won the band competition for several years straight will be coming to OUR school. If they are coming we'll surely impress them with our talent. I agreed. The principal left and we all squealed with excitement before following the principal to the gym.

After we finished decorating, we said our goodbyes and walked home. My step-mother asked why me and Zander were gleaming with joy. We told her everything before we went to sleep. But it looked like sleep would be a difficult task to do. I stayed up all night, nervous and excited for tomorrow. Around 3am I finally went to sleep.

Jake's POV:

I sat down next to Isabella on the fancy tour bus for the 1 hour and a half trip to the school across town. Me and the band were told to meet up with that school's band and hang out with them all day for our schools to win the best school bond. I plugged in my earphones and listened to some music while scrolling through Instagram.