3 || The Phone Call

When Rosalie opened the door to their apartment, using her key. Jinx shortly behind her. she felt relieved and also dead inside. Once she put her suitcase down on the far corner, she leaned over to the wall, to unzip her light brown knee-high boots, by lifting up one leg and then did the following before sliding them off her feet. All it revealed is her knee-high white socks that she pulled up before she looked over at Jinx. 

"I'm heading to my room to clean out my suitcase and rest? call me when dinner is ready" she announced to her friend.

Jinx nodded toward Rosalie understanding that she wants to rest, from getting back. However for undisclosed reasons, Rosalie also wants to dig out her actual phone and see if non-of her former spy stuff has been touched. it shouldn't, since it's locked in my safe... in my closet, but in case Jinx attempted at trying to break into it... "no Rosalie, please stop thinking like that?!!"  Rosalie thought closing her eyes casting away those thoughts, while lifting her hand out to touch the handle into her room. 

Rosalie opened the door and dragged her suitcase into the room. Leaving the door open per usual. She lifted up her suitcase and dropped it on her bed on the backside, where she unzipped it, to only lift open lid of it all the way. Rosalie removed her backpack and put it on her bed, beside it. 

Rosalie touched the edge of the bed and touched her face. She let out a huge sigh; tilting her head back, letting her hand fall. She closed her eyes tightly, letting out a huge sigh. I was so close to letting out my history at being a secret agent... I wish I could tell Jinx? 

Heaving in a sigh, opening her eyes a tad, straightening up, turning around, "I- I- I just couldn't-" she started to taking things out of her suitcase and backpack and also putting things away. 

As Rosalie was unpacking. Out in the Kitchen, Jinx was searching the cookbooks for dinner recipes, she scanned each ones, the kitchen counters were chaos. Cookbooks everywhere with a mixture of ingredients. Jinx was silently pointing out either too complicated or too simple, while flipping the pages  and shaking her head. 

"Think Jinx, what would Rosalie want to eat?" she spoke.  "got to be simple, but not too simple"

Jinx suddenly jerked, as she hears loud sounds, from Rosalie's bedroom, but quickly etched it away in an instant. Rosalie is capable enough to figure it out herself... as she needs to focus on what she plans to make... 

Jinx moved to another cookbook and opened the cover. still thinking and flipping the page.

***

Suitcase unpacked and her clothes hung or put away in her dresser. Rosalie was looking at her fallen suitcase, as she was stared at a silver case after getting it down. She snapped it unlocked and put it on her bed and opened it up. 

Rosalie's eyebrow twitched. oh that's right... I forgot to.. to... placing a hand on her face. while looking at a few of her gear from being a secret agent. it's been up in my closet, I just forgot it was there. I should really go the agency to announce that I quit and give all of my gear back. She picked up her original phone she used. However, after she powered it on once more, to check the battery percentage. 

It suddenly rang, her eyes stretched wide. "shit... shit... what do I do?" she panicked tossing it into the silver case with all of her gear. she turned to the door that was opened half-way. 

"I- um..." 

Rosalie quickly raced to it shutting the door quickly, hoping that it'd won't carry the sound too far to where Jinx was. Her secret agency phone rang, as she stared at the phone. 

why did I? thought to power it on, when I completely forgot that it was connected to the tracker system... whoever is calling me? please stop calling... 

it still rang. 

Rosalie's heart thumped harder, every second. "do I have to pick up?" she spoke to herself silently, looking from where she stood at the back of her room. 

She sighed, stepping closer and picked up her first phone. she was about to hit the call, when it went to voicemail. 

"it's been two and a half years, -"

Rosalie's hands shook as she listened to the voicemail, going through her thoughts, so she half heard, the voicemail. Falling to the ground breathing slowly, after the message. this has to be a joke... I've quit... the agency... just because... Rosalie gulped, letting go off the phone, her phone, as it hit the floor. 

Rosalie's hand twitched as she looked at her now silent 'spy' phone. it was of a voice she didn't recognize. She breathed slowly. heart still pounding. Quickly her door opened up, Rosalie's eyes stretched wide and she turned around trying to stand up, but slipping on the wood flooring. her arm grabbed on to her silver briefcase pulling it down as it hit the floor with a clang, up right.

"ow...ow.. ow" she gritted her teeth, in pain.

"Rose, I thought I heard a phone ringing and it's not my own?" Jinx asked in the doorway of Rosalie's room.

Rosalie's eyes was stretched out wide, trying to hide her things. "Jinx, please knock instead of rushing in here" she responded angrily at her friend, putting her silver briefcase flat and quickly putting everything inside that spilled.

"well I'm sorry-" she paused and glanced at Rosalie's failing an attempt at hiding anything. Jinx narrowed her eyes, at Rosalie suspiciously.

Rosalie caught Jinx's gaze travelling to what she is hiding. "I'm not hiding anything, and this is nothing of your concern" she screamed embarrassed, blushing, while waving one hand and keeping her body in the spot where her phone and silver briefcase. One of her eyes are twitching. 

"uh... um... alright?" Jinx asked stepped out of the room, closing the door to her room, with one eye on Rosalie awkwardly hiding whatever she is hiding. "also dinner is ready? Rosalie so don't be too long" 

Rosalie didn't say anything as she heard the door click closed, She breathed slowly, hoping to hear Jinx's footsteps left the outside of her room. what is wrong with me? why did I scream like that? 

Rosalie cuffed her hands on her face. she felt tears stinging her eyes. However, didn't let her tears trend down her cheeks. she looked up and straight at her spy phone. she reached out to grab it in one hand. her hand shook "I should have destroyed this, instead of powering it off" her voice shook a bit, as she whispered lowly. 

Rosalie glanced at the phone, hands shaky. she looked up and off at the side, noticing the agent badge and her ID, one of which spilled out, as she knocked off her bed. she reached out her hand to pick it up. "This is was all a mistake?" she whispered to herself, as she looked away as she put the bag in the silver briefcase.

too be continued...