I'm Not An Angel

When I saw the A-Rank, giant ogre attack, I fell to my knees.

It had dark green skin with visible pulsating, purple veins. Spiked armour that seemed to surround itself in some sort of radiation and droll made of acid.

As I looked, a name tag of red text briefly appeared above the monster's head, displaying the words:

Ulbrok: The Destructive Calamity

Rank A

All nearby buildings became its food which it consumed hungrily.

Any object that came into contact with the monster's weapon or body easily crumbled and transformed into straw. The monster would then grab the straw and devour it. Anything that entered the creatures's mouth would immediately get melted by its acid-like saliva.

It wasn't just buildings and objects. Ulbrok was turning humans & fakes into straw before eating them. The sight of people transforming into straw was a gruesome sight that made me want to vomit. The straw would protrude out of their eyes, face, and all over their body until they eventually became Ulbrok's favourite food.

Of all the days I could've chosen to come visit this town, it had to be today. Am I really that unlucky? Why did I come here- No... I knew exactly why I was here. This was the town where the original Aria grew up. I thought that if I trained here, I would finally understand how to be like the real Aria.

Three soldiers showed up and observed the situation.

"Call the generals. Go. Now." The first solider said to the third with a hint of shakiness in his tone.

The third nodded before a red, flying platform appeared beneath them. He flew away in the opposite direction of the monster as the first and second solider looked at each with hesitant looks.

Were they going to face the monster? Only two of them? They were barely wearing any sort of armour. Just light leather armour from the looks of it. That's suicide.

Both men took in deep breaths before they bolted towards the A-rank monster.

Fast.

So fast that I felt a gust of wind slap me in the face when they took off.

A wooden spear appeared out of nowhere in the first solider's hand while the second solider seemed unarmed. Ulbrok instantly stopped eating as if sensing the incoming soldiers.

The first solider threw his wooden spear with all the might he could. The spear flew like a bullet. Nearing its target, the spear transformed into an electric eel and wrapped around the beast before attacking with a surge of electricity.

The monster roared before the electric eel swiftly turned into straw.

Multiple floating iron shield appeared around the second solider before they were all thrown at the Orge. Two shields managed to hit the monster's head before it swung it's club to deflect the rest, turning them into straw. As for the last incoming shield, Ulbrok caught it with it's teeth and crushed it.

Another wooden spear appeared in the first solider's hand and he threw it into the air. The spear transformed into a large eagle that had the ability to shoot wooden spikes out of its mouth.

Ulbrok ignored both the hawk's attack and the incoming shields since everything that touched the monster would simply turn into straw. It swung its weapon at the first solider.

The first solider jumped an incredible height to evade the attack. The swing of the monster decimated the building behind him. Just when he thought he was safe, the monster spat its saliva at him. The acid burned his skin right to the bone. The ogre swung its weapon again and smashed the first solider with it, sending his body flying across the town.