Promo

On one eve of the last day of autumn,

"ARGHHH!!!"

With an angered shout, the blade slashed through the man in front. The blade brutally cut apart the man's chest it took his life and the body fell limp forward. The ground became blood red by all the splashed blood. The sight was unseemly with all the uncountable corpses lying around. A single man stood in the middle of this bloody field. He himself was covered in blood, either from his own or from others. His originally dark robes looked further sinister. A single long sword dripping with blood was held tightly in the man's right hand. The blade had already become rusty and blunt from all the flesh and bones he had cut.

He Xuan had never felt as tired as he was right then in his entire life. His breathing was heavy and his eyes seemed hazy, though, from the corner of his eyes, he still saw a person running towards him while holding an axe.

"Ughhh!!!"

The man holding the axe swung down with his full force. He Xuan blocked with his sword. Although he managed to block him, he was forced to bend one of his knee. He Xuan was infuriated. He refused to fall onto his knees.

"ARRGGHHH!!"

He burst out, using all the energy he had left; and with one fell swoop, he cut off the head of the man. Although after this, He Xuan could feel the lungs in his chest ready to burst open, his heart throbbing painfully and all his muscles shaking and hurting from being overused. His vision became blurry and his head throbbed from all the blood he had lost. For a moment, he faltered and had to use the sword to support himself to stand. However, the blaze in his eyes did not go out for one second. He saw another group of men running towards him holding all sorts of weapons. He Xuan braced himself, picked up the sword once more, and faced the group of men.

At the same time,

"Cheers!" "Cheers." "Cheers!!"

In a tower so tall it seemed to touch the heavens, hundreds of brilliant lights illuminated a grand hall making it almost seem as if it was day. The delicious smell of various delicacies along with the tender smell of a rich old wine spread from the enormous feast being held. A young lord dressed in glamourous light green robes sat in the middle of it all.

"Welcome! Welcome, all of my friends and shixiongs. [1] Please, enjoy your full at this banquet."

His voice was clear and cheerful, and a little bit high from intoxication. His face was full of joy, and it was bright and handsome. In the midst of the lively banquet, he seemed to be the one to shine the most of all. A formal robe made with exquisite fabric adorned his body, and several accessories made with gold, jewels and many precious things could be seen on him too.

Shi Qingxuan greeted every person who attended the banquet and hosted them properly, pouring wine to their cups. The place where the banquet was held, the Terrace of Cascading Wine, was a place where he loved to enjoy his time at. Whenever he had free time from working as a junior official at his brother's palace or when he wanted to take a break from his cultivation, he would come to the Terrace of Cascading Wine, order a jar of wine or two and enjoy the sweet aromatic wine while watching the view from the Terrace.

That night, his brother suggested him to hold a banquet large enough to feed even thousands. And so he did. He held a banquet and invited all his friends and acquaintances. He also arranged many beautiful ladies to perform music and dance as well. The banquet was a blast, and the joyful smile on Shi Qingxuan obviously indicated that he was having the best time of his life.

*Slash...*Thud

With another slash, another body fell to the ground. He Xuan could not remember how much he had killed that day. Ironically, that day was the day he had ever killed anyone for the first time in his life.