ix.

________________________________

chapter nine.
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙tigers den.

 *ੈ✩‧₊˚________________________________

*ੈ✩‧₊˚
________________________________

With a grunt, I awoke, my lids slowly fluttering open, only to be shut again by the light, which took some getting used to. My ears rang, combining with the faint voice of someone yelling, while my eyesight was disrupted by bright rays.

My immediate instinct was to raise my hand to clutch my throbbing head, but it only prompted me to wince as a stinging ache in my shoulder emerged.

I gripped onto my shoulder with my free hand, the one that didn't hurt when I moved it. My shoulder was soaked, and a warm liquid was seeping from the wound.

When my eyes adjusted to the light, I noticed that my shoulder was covered in blood. Because of the blood loss, my body felt limp and my eyes were somewhat narrowed in exhaustion.

"El?"

"El!"

My ears stopped ringing, and I was able to hear clearly again.

When I looked around at my surroundings, I realised I was in a glass box, or a cell constructed entirely of glass.

"Electra?!"

I turned to the right, to the direction of the voice, with my head on the glass behind me that my body was leaning against while I sat against it.

"Electra!" It was Cobi.

To the right, there was a glass cell identical to mine—a replica—where Cobi was standing with one hand flat against the glass and the other in a fist against it, banging on the glass.

"Are you all right?" He inquired, pounding on the glass hurriedly and worriedly to get my attention and, I'm guessing, to keep me awake.

His face was smeared with blood, as if he had been beaten—as if he had been the victim of the bully against who he had been fighting.

I smiled to myself, even though he was hurt, because he was okay. He wasn't physically okay, but he was alive, and that was enough for me. As I smiled at him, I closed my eyes for a brief minute as the blood loss caught up with me.

"Electra?!"

"El!"

"El, open your eyes!" Cobi yelled, and I managed to comply, despite my tiredness, which was causing me to fade away from my consciousness.

"Shut the fuck up, for one second." I breathlessly answered his frantic calls. He managed to scoff as he let out a sigh of relief, despite tears welling up in his eyes, blood coating his face, and the exhaustion and concern he had written over his face.