10 | three little words

Dad had ask Bella and I to have dinner at the diner with him, so back from school, Bella and I pulled up in the driveway of the diner to see Mike and his friends out front.

"Ewww." I looked to Bella, "look who it is."

"Just be nice." Bella warned and hopped out of the drivers seat.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my oxygen tank, carrying it out of the car and walking to Bella to join hands with her. "If he isn't a douche." I warned. She stifled a giggle.

Walking up the sidewalk to the diner, Mike approached us, eyeing my sister.

"Yo, Arizona!" He greeted.

"Hey Mike." Bella said quietly. 

"So, You and Cullen?" He asked, obviously bothered. "I don't like it. He looks at you like you're something to eat."

I choke out a single laugh, and Bella shoots me a look before dragging me inside. 

"C'mon, you gotta be nice." Bella says as we slide into the booth. 

"Says who, Bells?" I smile mischievously and pick up my menu. 

"Sorry we're late," Bella said to Dad, "Biology project."

Charlie nods, "I ordered you the seafood combo, and Andie a cheeseburger."

"Order one for yourself and Andie next time. You should cut back on the stake." She smiles.

"I'm as healthy as a horse." Charlie defends.

Cora, our usual waitress walks up to us. "Say, chief. Boys want to know, have you found anything by the river today?" She asks, concerned. 

Charlie answers her. I look at the men behind Charlie, who are looking at us sorrowfully. I look down at my plate. 

"I hope they catch him fast." Cora sighs, and walks away.

Me too,  I hope. 

"Your friends are flagging you." Charlie nods to the window. I look behind me to the window and see Mike and his friends dancing and acting stupid. I make sure Bella isn't looking when I flip them off.

"You should go join them." Charlie says. "I'm gonna turn in early anyway." 

"Ew, no thanks." I wrinkle my nose.

Bella says, "I think I'm gonna turn in early too."

Charlie looks up from his food. "Bella, It's friday night, go out! The Newton boy has a big smile for you."

"Yeah, he's a good buddy." Bella looks down at her plate. I rolls my eyes again.

"None of these boys in town intrest you?" Charlie asks. My heart rate quickens, feeling called out. Haven't told Charlie about Rose and I yet. 

"Are we really about to talk boys?" I ask.

"I don't mind being alone," Bella smiles. "I have Andie, and I have you."

.

I sit on my bed, sketching again. Rosalie's face comes into my mind, like a memorized painting. Something I know like the back of my hand.

I hear a thud at my window, and yelp and look up to see Rosalie hanging onto the windowsill. "That looks lovely." She motions to my drawing. 

"God, you scared me." I laugh. She steps into my room and sits on my bed. "Thanks, I'm not super good yet-"

"Are you kidding? Yes you are." Rosalie smiles. She looks down at the page. It's a sketch of her laughing at the Cullens lunch table.

"Thank you." I smile. Rosalie places a quick peck on my cheek and hops up.

"We gotta go, I have something planned."

"Do you now?" I ask mischievously and get up from my seat. 

"Get a jacket, we gotta go," She smiles. I pick up my jean jacket and head for the door. "Wait! We aren't going out that way."

I stare at her. "How are we leaving?" 

She smirks. "Hop on my back."

I laugh. "Oh, God." I sling my oxygen tank over my back and climb on my bed. I stand and get onto her back, both of us laughing as I do so. 

"Hold on tight, okay?" Rosalie tells me. She hops out the window, and I feel breathless for a moment, but then Rosalie's feet gracefully hit the ground, and I felt safe in her arms. She put me down and grabbed my hand, dragging me to her convertible. 

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." Rosalie flipped her hair over her shoulder.

I looked up at the stars shining in the black sky as Rosalie took the five-minute drive to a field out of the suburbs. Rosalie parked in a clearing, and leaned both of the cars seats back.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Stargazing." She laid back. I laid beside her, looking up at the stars. In Phoenix, I didn't see much of stars like these, the way you see them when everything else is dark. I looked at Rosalie, she was looking right at me. Her golden eyes seemed to glow in the dark as well.

"I told you about my past." She smirked, "It's your turn."

I laughed, and rolled my eyes. "Ugh, It's boring." I said, "I was born a year after Bella in Forks. Three years later, My mom left, and took us. We lived in California, and then Miami, and the Phoenix. I hated moving, and so did Bella, but my mom loved it. I always liked Forks, because I'm very prone to sunburn. And then mom married Phil. He's fine, I guess. And soon, Mom was talking about how much she wanted to travel, and how she was waiting for us to move out, so Bella dragged me down here." I smiled. "I'm glad she did."

"Hmm," Rosalie hummed and smiled. "What's your favorite color?"

"Green. Why?"

"I want to know everything about you." She smiled.

"What's yours then?" I asked.

"Red. What's your middle name?" Rosalie asked.

"Elizabeth. Yours?" 

"Lillian." She sighed. "Favorite food?"

"Cheese fries," I sighed with a smile on my face. "Favorite... animal, I guess?"

Rosalie laughed. "Elk.... Biggest fear?"

"Loneliness." I said quietly, "Yours?"

"Me too." She said quietly.

I looked over at her, our faces almost an inch away from each other. I connected my lips to hers and tangled my fingers in her hair. She pressed her mouth into mine with passion.

She pulled away. "I love you."

I paused. "I love you too."

.