Try.

(A/N) I hope y'all are holding up alright, and before you start scrolling I have a question: Would you like this book to be really long, or would you like me to split it up into two fics? (one being the sequel, but really just a continuation of this pointless story)

"No thanks. Have fun though." I called as they left, and the front door closed.

I then turned to the ink demon, who currently had the sink faucet on, letting water trickle down his horns and face.

The water was ice cold as I put my hand on his back, then turned off the facet. "I know what this might look like to you, but why don't we just talk things out?"

The demon shuddered, and for a moment I thought he might have broken down in tears, then a twisted laugh fills the air. "Ok, let's start with, hmm..? Oh! Here, how 'bout where are your car keys? I have to check on my subjects."

He turns back at me, watery ink dripping down his face and back, a splitting grin on his face.

"Bendy, please, just let me expl-"

He tilts his head, stepping away from the counter to loom over me. "Sorry, I thought I'd asked where the keys were."

"The spare key is on the hook near the door." I sighed.

He nodded, walking past me and out of the kitchen. Frowning, I followed him into the living room, scrambling for something to say.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'M SORRY- Played on a loop in my head as I watched him snatch the keys from the hook, walk out the door and slam it shut without looking back.

I followed him out the door a hesitant moment later, watching him get into my car and shut the door.

He doesn't look at me as he struggles to figure out how to start the engine, or when I walk over to the car and get into the passenger seat.

After a minute or two, the demon finally slips the key into the ignition and the car finally starts. His tail thumps on the floor in a small triumph.

I smile weakly, leaning over to give him a peck on the cheek, but he bends down to pick a paper off of the floor and places it in the cupholder, successfully avoiding me.

He then goes back to figuring out the car, spotting the gear shift and yanking it all the way back. The ink demon flinches as the car lurches backwards suddenly, quickly correcting it.

An awkward laugh escapes my lips. "I can drive you there if we just switch seats.."

The demon doesn't even acknowledge me, instead trying the stick shift again, this time smoothly pulling out of the driveway.

Now we're in the middle of the road.

The demon glances beneath the steering wheel, spotting the pedals. He leans down to press one with his hand, the car jerking forward.

He swiftly lets up, and I watch as he tries the other one. The car stops abruptly, and I hear a small bump as the ink demon's head hits into the car.

Letting out a low growl he sits back up. "You're supposed to press those with your feet, you need your hands for the steering wheel to steer." I supplied.

Ink drips onto the driver's seat as the inky demon slowly turns the car and starts jerkily inching down the road.

A while later he gets onto the main road, nearly running into several cars before spotting the billboard for the hotel and bs' his way into the hotel parking lot.

The ink demon pulled into the parking lot, stopping the car in the middle of two parking spots.

I shakily grabbed the door handle, stepping out into the sunny lot.

I have never been more grateful that a car ride was over than in my entire life, we had almost crashed more times than I could count on both my hands.

The ink demon had gotten out of the car before me, already speaking to the clerk at the desk when I got inside.

The young woman was obviously nervous, but tried to appear calm and composed to the 8 ft demon oozing ink all over the hotel's carpet.

A moment of conversation later, she handed him two keys. He thanked her, then went over to the elevator and got in.

I rushed after the ink demon, just barely slipping in before the door shut.

The stereotypical elevator music played as we stood in silence, me trying to work up the guts to say something.

A few minutes go past and I still haven't said anything, but the doors still open with a chipper ding and he steps out, making a beeline to the lost ones' apartment rooms.

I follow behind the demon, waiting as he struggles to unlock the door, before flipping the key right-side up and slipping it into the keyhole.

He steps into the room and pauses, then walks further in. The room is empty.

I look around the four bed hotel room, and I'm pretty sure me and the demon are both wondering where the inky people have gone.

I mean, there's not really anywhere to hide in the room.

"They're here somewhere, me, Sammy, Alice and Linda dropped them off here last night..."

The demon ignores me, throwing open the sliding door that connects this room to the next, and strides in.

I trail behind, like the unneeded awkward third wheel to the ink demon and his thoughts.

The room is jam-packed from ceiling to floor with lost ones, all the inky bodies crowded together.

The funny thing is, we didn't actually rent this room, we rented the one across the hall instead.

Pale human faces oggle at the inky people from the small closet, and the ink demon walks over to them, his sickly sweet grin still on his face.

He grabs one of their shirt collars, pulling them out of the closet. The demon drops the key to the other room, the one we actually rented in their hand. "Your room is across the hall. Get out."

The people nod, scrambling out of the closet and to the door, one slipping on the inky floor as they leave.

As soon as the people leave, the lost ones seem more comfortable, and the ink demon starts talking to them.

"So! How're y'all doing?" They shift, not responding, staring blankly at the demon in front of them.

"Well, I'm proud as hell at all y'all, and I'm glad that we all got out of that place, although this one probably won't be permanent." He continued with the same smile.

"I don't think that any of us will really ever recover, but there is help available for those who want it, although it could be hard getting it, considering the way we are!" He laughs.

The lost ones still don't respond, but that was expected.

The demon then leaves, and I trail closer behind him as we leave the room, deciding that I might as well just bite the bullet already.

He slides the door closed, putting the 'do not disturb' poster on the door.

I clear my throat, brushing my hand against his. "Look, I really do have to talk to you, and I'm not going to stop until you at least try to listen.." My voice cracked. "So just try. Talk to me."

The demon is silent, the only sound in the room is our breathing. Mine is short and anxious, his ragged and struggling.

"Take off your shirt."