37. all is well

"So, let me get this straight" Nicholas starts, after Aurora fills him in on everything that led them up to this point, "All this that's happening right now is that crazy bitch Katherine's fault?" he questioned, "And you knew The Originals? They were here? And sirens?" he adds, his mind racing with all the new information he learnt. "Yeah, yeah, process it later, bigger things right now, Aurora" Damon came up to where they still sat on the front steps of the Lockwood mansion, "My first question, who the hell is this?"

"This is Nick, he's my friend, so leave him alone" Aurora replied, "Like I said, bigger things right now. Katherine" he stated, "What's her big plan?" she asked him, "She wants to end Mystic Falls in Hellfire" Damon told her, "How is she gonna do that? Matt or his Dad won't ring that bell, and you need someone from the Maxwell bloodline to do so" Aurora says confused, "Vicki is alive, or back from Hell, whatever" Damon rolls his eyes, "That's who rang the bell before" he informed her, "I thought Vicki died? He killed her" Nicholas looks at Aurora, nodding his head at Damon when mentioning Vicki.

"Vicki is dead, she's in between worlds" Aurora replied, "And technically Stefan killed her so–" she adds, "Not the time to walk down memory lane, Princess" Damon cuts her off, "What do we do?" Aurora asked him, "I'm gonna go try to kill Vicki, again" he replied, vamp speeding away from the pair. Aurora gets up off the stairs, Nicholas follows after her, asking a million questions her way. "I don't know!" she snaps. Turning to face him, "Sorry" she adds, seeing his face fall, "Look" she sighs, "I think you should get the hell out of here"

"What?" Nicholas laughs, thinking she's joking, but once he sees the serious look on her face, he stops, "No way, Rory. I'm not leaving you here" he shakes his head, "It's not safe here" Aurora argued back, "I don't want you to get hurt" she tells him, "I don't care, I'm not gonna leave while you're here fighting the big battle" he scoffs, crossing his arms, "I don't care, I'm not gonna let you possible die for this town" Aurora retorted, copying his actions and crossing her arms.

"You love this town right" Nicholas states, calming his town, "Sometimes" she mumbles, "Great, then so do I" he replies, "If this town is important to you, then it's important to me, because you're important to me, Rory. You came into my life exactly when I needed you. I had just lost my brother, I was alone in this world and had no clue what to do.Then you came, and we both saw something in each other, similarities, it's why I love you" Nicholas rants on, smiling at the end, he sighs before going on with his concluding statement, "So, please let me help save Mystic Falls"

Aurora smiled, "I love you too, Nick, you've been there for me through thick and thin, you're my best friend, my little brother" she chuckles, wiping a tear that escaped, "Let's save Mystic Falls" she smiles, "Alright, what do we do?" Nicholas asks, she sighs and pulls her phone out, "Find a way to stop Hellfire" she calls Chase, who's number she got last time she was at the Armory. "Aurora" Chase picked up, "What the hell is going on? Rick just left in a hurry after getting a text from Caroline–"

"Katherine's planning to set Mystic Falls on fire with Hellfire" she cuts him off, "What? Don't you need–" he goes to ask the same question she asked Damon, "Yeah, Vicki, Matt's sister, is back. And the one doing it. I think Matt's with her right now trying to convince her otherwise, but just in case, I need you and Alex, cause I know she headed back there, to find anything that could be use to us, and get back to me immediately" she quickly explains to him, "Chase!" she snaps after he goes silent, "You can count on us" Alex took his phone, "Don't worry, Rory, Mystic Falls isn't going down yet"

"Thank you, guys" she smiled, not that they could see it, and hung up the phone, walking away from Nicholas again, without another word, "Woah, where are we going?" he asks , following after, "To find Katherine" Aurora replied, "Jumping right into the lion's den, perfect" Nicholas mumbled, quickly running after to catch up with Aurora. She was so focused on her mission that she failed to realize Kai was calling her.