THIRTY THREE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

A/N: Early update as I have a busy, busy day tomorrow. Hope you enjoy!

Ripley and I spent the next two hours in the library, I read book after book after book

Ripley and I spent the next two hours in the library, I read book after book after book. My mind couldn't get enough, I suppose I couldn't be one hundred percent sure if Kassian is my mate until the curse is broken.

But by what the book is saying, it's more than likely he is. It makes sense and in a way it made my brain fog almost go away.

Now I just didn't know what to do with this information.

Storm up to him and tell him he's my mate?

What if there is a one percent chance that he isn't and I make a total tit of myself? He'll think I'm obsessed.

What if he's sure that he isn't?

Fuck. The patch between my eyebrows begins to twitch in pain, this involves too much thinking. I just wanted it to be resolved now and killing my mother would make this all go away.

I slam shut the final book I would read for the day and stare ahead at the wall.

Kassian's face flashes in my mind. I had always found him attractive, even when he was a total dick to me. Bossy and demanding, but a part of me loved that. It completely turned me on in idiotic ways.

But the body wants what the body wants.

And it's always been him.

"I reckon everyone will be back by now," I say as I stand from the table and begin to pile up the books.

"Probably," Ripley nods as he peeks out of a hardback cover. "It's been a little while. Did you find what you need?"

"I think so," I nod before collecting them in my hands.

"I can put them back," Ripley says as he places his book down.

"Your shoulder," I say instantly, my eyes dragging to his wound.

Ripley smiles and shakes his head like he doesn't care about his injury. "I know where they go, I'd hate to put this library out of order."

I roll my eyes softly and place them back down on the edge. "If you insist," I exhale slowly. "Thank you for helping me. It's nice to come down here sometimes and just have a breather."

"I feel like that everyday," he tells me with a genuine smile.

"I'll see you later," I nod before moving away from the table and back up to the ground floor.

I push my way into the kitchen, pleased to see that no one else was occupying this space. My feet walk straight up to the sink and I wash my hands vigorously from the thick layers of dust laying on those books.