Prologue

Alyas P.O.V

"Beep, Beep....."

The machine kept making the same sound over and over again. This was the sound that relieved me but also reminded me of what had happened. All the events leading up to this moment in time where I sit on the side, holding her hand. I learned one thing throughout this experience it was possible to hate and love something at the same time. I hated this hospital because it reminded me of what happened but I also loved it because it was the only thing keeping her alive. I felt tears forming in my eyes and slowly dripping down my face. This was my best friend laying there. I then heard heals clicking throughout the hallway. I grabbed my loose arm and whipped my tears. The doctor walked in.

" Miss Césaire, what are you doing here this late at night, you should be getting some sleep," The doctor said then came behind me and gently patted my back.

" I can't sleep, not after everything that happened today," I said with my voice swollen.

" I understand," The doctor said gently. She headed towards the door and closed it behind her making sure to do so very carefully. I decided she was right, but that didn't mean I would leave her, I got up and went to the hospital couch, and decided to go to bed. My thoughts kept me up for quite a long time. This wasn't easy on me, neither was it easy on her parents or her friends. It's been almost an entire month, I've been here every single night, I blamed myself for all that happened. It was May 5th, 5:30 PM when the Accident happened. I and Marinette were supposed to go to a movie together but Nino had surprised me with concert tickets for my birthday and I couldn't say no. So I gave my ticket to Luca (Marienettes boyfriend). They were driving to the movie together and this Drunk driver came down the road and crashed into them. Luca was barley injured he had to get some stitches and was in the hospital for about two weeks but Marinette. Thinking about what had happened saddened me. I leaned back into the chair and I finally feel asleep. I had a dream. No a nightmare. It started off with me in a third-person, I saw Marinette and Luca get in the car and start driving forwards. And I saw the other car. My eyes widened in horror. I wanted to scream Marinette's name but I couldn't. I then saw the car completely crash into the opposite car. I screamed but my voice wouldn't come out, tears came down my eyes. And everything went black. I woke up sweating and in tears and it was 7 AM. I grabbed my bag and headed to the bathroom. I went in and brushed my teeth and did my hair and put on my large hoodie, I was reluctant to be wearing. I then grabbed my bag and headed to school. I would always look at the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. It had been closed for weeks until the debt of the family started running up and they reopened for business. They would always spot me and give me some bread. I would always refuse though but today I was really hungry. Things were different at school, After what happened to Marinette, I blamed myself and I had a right to, it was my fault afterall. I should have been the one in that car. And I did some other things. I wouldn't go home at any costs and I broke up with Nino. I wanted to be alone and all he did was be there for me and I couldn't handle it. So I broke it off, It was for the best. I walked into the school and sat on the bench I usually sit on and listened to some music. I also stopped being friends with Juleka, Rose, Mylene, and Alex they were like girl ninos I couldn't stand them. This was all for the best. Once the bell rang, I went into class and sat in the back, I had requested to change seats and sit in the back since me and nino could barley get along. I sat in the back and listened.

" Welcome Students, Today we will be learning about Algebra and how to be able to find the side of a right triangle," The teacher announced. I grabbed my notebook and started sketching things out. Until I heard the alarms shrieking. There was an akuma attack. 

A/N: Welcome to my new fanfiction " Letters To The Love Of My Life"! This is the prologue which is a little introduction on how Marinette got in a car accident and went into a coma. Alya her BFF is absolutely devastated and this story is kind of a little glimpse into how everyones lives are. I started off with Alya since I thought she'd have the most devastating glimpse. But there is one thing you must all remember Marinette isn't just Marinette she's also Ladybug and if Marinette's gone, whats happened to Ladybug?