An aromA of lilies

It's so nasty in here. Walls are full of political slogans but spits seem dominant. There is a mad old cow in a blue uniform with a gun besides his fat belly, napping nearly dead. OH! What the h*ll! Elevator is out of order and I have to climb up that broken brown marble staircase which might have been built before 1990's. As I wade through, I realize that it’s going to be my daily routine or if I were lucky, the elevator could be resettled.

It couldn't have been worse, a suffocated office, crowded by an enormous mass of people in formal neck ties. Nearly all were busy in chattering and attending phone calls. Ringing of bells and origami airplanes filled my head with acid but smell of perfectly brewed coffee neutralized it. Suddenly a short heighted hunchback sweeper swiftly informed everybody of me, their new boss, and all stood up as if national anthem was being sung. All the hustle bustle had stopped before a paper plane had struck my foot. Wow! That was a warm welcome! I silently took it up and shot it at the dustbin. It crashed onto the boundary and sank gently into the depth, I had never known of my buzz shot accuracy, and I headed to my cabin.

What a delightful view, not a single fly in here. Large textured floor tiles perfectly mopped with an aroma of lilies. A perfect western style room, wonderful! It was probably made for the ex-boss. I observed the wide translucent window which connected my cabin with the workplace. I could see everybody again busy in usual mess but barely anyone of them could notice me spying them. All they could see was a shiny mirror with a quantity of fingerprints which had cancelled out its beauty. I soon realized after staring at the PTCL painting hung along with stock charts and a photo of the employee of the month from direct elevation from the huge coffee mug standing on my perfectly managed mustard-brown table, that I was here to work.

As I opened the top one of the hill of files, a thought clicked my mind, a thought of success, a thought of pride, that now I am going to run this call service centre and all its responsibilities are mine. That moment I promised myself that I would work with honesty and utmost hard work.