Swords in the Moonlight

Vlad and Talitha stood on the beach on Long Island, wrapped in each others arms.

"I'm going to miss this," Talitha murmured. Vlad held her even tighter- which was pretty tight, them being vampires and all.

"We have eternity. This," Vlad gestured to the beautiful view of pine trees and a crystal blue ocean, "Will never end."

Talitha looked up at her boyfriend. His dark eyes bore into her with love and his pale skin contrasted with his black hair and his black vampiric clothing.

Talitha fingered the yin and yang locket around her neck and ran her tongue over her fangs nervously. "Soon you will have your duties as the Chosen One to attend to."

Vlad smiled knowingly at her.

"You should know by now that I do things in my own way. I mean, I don't have to stop travelling with you to babysit the Vampire High Council!" Vlad told her, exasperated.

Talitha's eyes shone and she was about to say something when Vlad covered her mouth with his hand. He stepped back from their embrace and Sped into the forrest of pine.

Talitha rolled her eyes but followed.

******

Percy and Annabeth were practising.

Annabeth had been getting annoyed when the Aphrodite cabin oohed and ahhed at the two lovers whilst they were trying to spar a few hours before.

So Percy took her into the woods so that they could practice in peace.

Annabeth was just as good with her sword as she was with her dagger. But Percy wasn't worried about being beaten. He knew how capable both he and his girlfriend were.

Percy was so distracted in his thoughts that his defence lagged. "Ha!" Annabeth said triumphantly when her sword was at his throat.

Percy blushed, and then they leant towards each other for a quick kiss.

Their lips brushed and they stood up straight again.

"Lets go deeper into the forest," Annabeth suggested.

"Okay," Percy nodded and they began walking, hand in hand, in the dark.

******

Vlad frowned thoughtfully when he saw the curly-haired blonde her green-eyed girlfriend. He knew he was a boyfriend because they were holding hands.

They weren't vampires, Vlad knew that much. The tanned skin and orange t-shirts were not an undead giveaway.

Vlad sniffed the air. They weren't breathers- they didn't quite smell like it. And they weren't anything like any other kind of not-so-mythological creature he knew of.

So what were they? Well, Vlad intended to find out.

But they were on the other side of a river, and vampires couldn't cross running water.

So Vlad and Talitha morphed into bats and flew into the shadows behind the couple.

*******

Percy froze. The back of his neck was tingling, and he could sense...something.

Annabeth had stopped too. They both turned around and watched as two figures stepped out of the shadows.

One looked like a goth, but he didn't give off the 'goth' vibe. The other gave off the same kind of aura as the guy but not as powerful. She had her hair in thin braids and wore beads in her hair.

But the weirdest thing of all? They both started hissing at Percy and Annabeth, with teeth that...

Percy cursed in his head. Styx! They looked vampires!

And when Annabeth glanced wide-eyed and meaningfully at Percy, his suspicions were confirmed.

They were vampires.

Vlad stepped forward, baring his fangs. "What are you?" he asked. Vlad's voice rang of authority.

Percy laughed. "What are we? And that's coming from a vampire. Now this is a weird situation, even for me."

Even for me. Vlad got the feeling that this guy had been through as much as he had.

But Vlad still waited for an answer.

The blonde stepped forward. Vlad realised that this definitely wasn't a dumb blonde. Her stormy grey eyes were too calculating and fierce for that. And she held the sword in her hand deliberately. She looked like she knew how to use it, much like her boyfriend.

"We are demigods. Half mortal, half Greek god," she said.

Talitha's mouth twitched. "Mortal, as in...breather?"

Annabeth shrugged, "I guess so."

Vlad decided that these people weren't going to stake him. He retracted his fangs and stepped towards the boy to shake his hand. "I'm Vlad, and this is my girlfriend Talitha."

"Percy, and this is Annabeth. I'm a son of Posiedon and Annabeth's a daughter of Athena."

Vlad frowned. "So... the Greek gods are real as well? Brilliant."

Percy grinned. "It's just one of those days. 'Oh, another world of mythology is actually real! Complety normal. Let's not annoy these ones.' "

Everyone instantly relaxed. It was clear now that they were all on the same side.

"What can demigods do?" asked Talitha.

Anbabeth looked to Percy, and he shrugged in defeat.

The vampire couple's jaws dropped in astonishment when Percy flicked his hand up lazily and the entire river began levitating in the air. The water body then started churning and a hurricane of water swirled around them.

Percy plopped the water back into its natural place.

"What about you guys?" Percy asked.

"Oh, basically all the myths about us," Talitha bared her fangs proudly.

Annabeth gasped.

"Uh... wow," Percy said intelligently.

To demonstrate, Vlad threw a fireball at a nearby tree. Percy quickly doused the fire with water and received strange looks.

"I didn't want the tree nymphs to get angry at us," he explained.

The vampires merely nodded.

*****

Both couples told takes to each other of their adventures and what their lives were like. By the time they were finished, dawn was arriving.

Talitha tugged on Vlad's sleeve. "We'd better go all we'll be a smoking pile of ash."

"And we have to sneak back to our cabins before breakfast," Anbabeth told Percy.

They bid each other farewell.

"We'll come back to visit," Vlad promised, "And if you get into any trouble or need allies in a war, you know where to find us."

Then they faded into the shadows and their silhouettes blurred upwards towards the sky.

Percy and Anbabeth went back to their cabins. The next day they would tell Chiron of the vampire world, and Chiron would stare off into the distance and mutter;

"Oh, we'll see them again. We'll see them again as allies in war, as the Oracle predicts."

THE END