Prologue

Arlo and Eddie Vera, the best paranormal investigators of the twentieth century; they were family, twins to be precise. You could tell they were siblings. They were similar in features. They both had brown hair and green eyes, pale complexions, and freckles all over their bodies. But they, like all twins, had their differences. Eddie was a slender girl about five feet and six inches in height. Her hair was curly and down to her shoulder blades. She often wore baggy ripped jeans with a colorful button-down shirt with suspenders and bright green triangle earrings. Arlo was a slender boy like his sister with a height of about five feet and eight inches. He often wears band t-shirts, varsity jackets, and baggy jeans. The little town they lived in was small, and nobody knew it was there. They lived right on the border of Kentucky and Missouri, and the little town they lived in was named Birkshire. The people who lived near them thought Arlo and Eddie's equipment was fascinating and futuristic, residents always called in fake paranormal reports to look at the devices. They had all the tools they needed for their job; flashlights, night vision cameras, camcorders, digital thermometer, EVP meters, motion censored music boxes, EMF reader, and more. They were always traveling, spending a few days in houses claimed to be haunted. Most cases were false reports, only a few were actual hauntings. Now that you know the details, let's get on with the story, shall we?