The Journey

When I just found out that I was pregnant I was extremely happy, one of my biggest goals in life was to have a child of my own at a young enough age to be able to keep up with him/her and also because children are so adorable.

Starting off the journey I was lucky as I didn't experience any morning sickness, went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy and found out I was 8 weeks and I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time, very strong and loud . I ate like there was no tomorrow and this carried on. All good. At 18 weeks I felt my baby move and I was so excited! The other week I found out I was having a girl. That was another high point in the pregnancy as well.

I then continued to have my high points and low points being emotional all the time. My boyfriend made sure to stay strong through all this and I respect him all the way. I used to count my baby's kicks and studied her patterns until one day she decided that she didn't want me to know she was there. I panicked and had a break down at work . It wasn't until in the night I prayed to God that she was okay and a few moments I kid you not I felt two small kicks from her. I smiled and went to bed. The next day she was not moving again and I was so ready to call the Obgyn but then by lunch time she was back to her usual movements. I was so happy.

Fast forward to my love getting to her bigger, I started to feel heavier in my stomach area, walking started to get harder for me. I couldn't sleep on my right side as I would get night time dizziness (apparently there is a vein that stops blood flow to the baby when you lay on your right side) so I had to sleep on my left side only , in sleeping on my left side only for months I started to have leg spasms when walking, sitting down of sleeping I would wake in the middle of the night with pain. This pain still continues on especially if I get a Braxton hicks contraction it makes my leg act up.

Now that I'm 37 and a half weeks within my pregnancy I was hoping that my baby would have been here already because at this stage everything gets harder. Sleeping is not really an option as the aches and pain in my stomach from my baby kicking in my ribs hurts a lot. My boobs which I thought had stopped growing had doubled it's size again since she's close to popping out and they are as hard as rocks. My pelvic area feels like there is a bowling ball pressing down trying to come down but it's not time to go yet. I'm extremely emotional and when I try to explain how I feel to anyone they just don't understand what I'm saying!

At this point I get up everyday wishing my baby will just decide that it's time to see the daylight and give me the pain of labor no matter how disgustingly horrific it's going to be at the end of the day I'll have her in my arms and I will not be going down this pregnancy road again. Been there and done that and will be closing this chapter. ✌🏾