1; "𝙊𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙊𝙛 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙧."

TW(??): Mentions of aliven't bodies near the end, and (Y/N) constantly doubting themself.

(Was The TW Really Necessary? I Am Not Sure.)

The atmosphere was nothing but a cold silence. Those familiar golden tinted windows allowed nothing but the gloomy sky to refract its ominous glare. Nothing, but thick foggy air crowded the outside world. It wasn't like anybody wanted to be out there, anyway. 

(E/C) orbs would trace over the small details in the room, counting the number of various tiles that flooded it. Over and over again, they would repeat. Their voice was hoarse, their throat ached, but had they stopped? Not for a second. Fingertips would trail along the indents on their throne, wishing they had something better to do. 

Oh, but what could they do? Nothing important, really. An insufferable life was faced and nothing would stop it. Those ongoing thoughts of having someone to help suspend their loneliness and share loving words of appreciation as if they really meant it. But, a ruler, the head of the throne, was it really selfish for them to have these desires? 

Of course, it was. 

It always is. 

________________________________ (Y/N) P.O.V. 

The maid was baffled, heart quickened even. It was as if I could hear the separate beats that erupted from their chest. My eyebrows knitted together, I wasn't in the mood today, but when was I ever? 

A platter was shattered, broken on the floor, right next to that quivering maid. She was shaking like a leaf. Her midnight-stranded hair covered sections of her paled face. Her hands quickly picked her up and grabbed a dustpan. Wherever that appeared from. Despite the fact she flinched every few moments of picking up the crumbs and shards that scattered, I still laid my lifeless pupils on her. 

Eventually, the pieces were picked up from her frail fingertips and settled on that rusty surface of a dustpan. A little voice inside my thoughts would only plead for my mouth to open and ask a simple 'are you alright?' but what sense would that make after I threw a temper tantrum? I huffed and dismissed the girl, she quickly nodded her head. 

"I'm very sorry, my liege!" 

And then the door slammed. 

I raised my (S/C) palm against my head, forcefully nudging my noggin. It was a habit, no one else would tell me what I did was wrong, why would they? I abruptly got up and headed towards the closet, picking out a congenial uniform that still looked accordingly, but allowed me to have comfort. It was a beige cloth, the sleeves were snug to the shoulder and loose near the end. A violet cape sat along my chest and hugged my back like a blanket. A raven-colored belt wrapped around my waist, a simple pair of chestnut leggings, and sharp golden boots that synchronized with my crown. 

Double-checking the placements of my clothing, and then eventually make my way out the door. The palace was filled with...many peers. Monsters to humans, even with the record of having a bad history with one another, I would make sure they behaved. Fighters weren't permitted in this place unless it was another kingdom attacking us. Which, tended to happen once in a blue moon. 

My heels would click against the ongoing tiles, once again having my eyes look over them. I sighed at the thought and looked forward. 'Right foot, left foot.' All in that rhythm. Maids and knights would trail along the dwelling. I'd simply stare at them and they would cower away. Was that a good feeling? Not sure, but I can't control it. 

My hands were placed behind my back, rubbing against one another anxiously. Even when people fear me I would just act the same towards them. It was equal, I feared them, they feared me. Not that I am the proudest of it. Suddenly my thoughts drifted towards a darker place, my head drooped.