Chapter 1: An unexpected world

Stress was the biggest thing that grabbed her.

Zara is sitting by her desk and slogging with her homework, she yet hasn't understood. Her parents won't help her since they want her to be the best. The best at learning new subjects and getting the top grades in exams. Although she's forced to spend her evenings on homework, that's only homework made by her parents, she needs to research and write down. It's all about memorizing.

The Maneki-neko (the lucky cat) "... is waving like something new is going to happen, or a new world is about to open for humanity", Zara used to say when she told someone about the figurine. She takes her cup of water and swallows it till it's empty to keep herself awake. She tends to get easily tired, now that she does this every night. She squeezes her eyes to keep her focus, but she only gets a migraine out of it.

"Every day, every night. Every day, every night... ", she keeps repeating in a loop to herself and yawns between the pauses.

She gives herself a slap on the cheek *auch*. It was always her opinion that in this world there is no unexpected dance. It's always the same dance she dances to every day. A dance like 'the little mermaid': Small knifes pushing up against your feet... but every time she takes the wrong steps, it cuts her. "Is this really how the world keeps welcoming people?" she asked herself. Yes and no was her only answer.

You can hear sounds from the 1st floor. Her parents are arguing again. The yelling and 'conversational talking' aren't keeping her further awake. Her cat has walked into her room. She is now sitting with half-open eyes while her cat Sun is staring at her. Sun begins to lick his black-white paw in a manner full way.

Zara slips her grib of the pencil unwillingly. Her head falls slowly down on her desk. Her eyes are closing. Sun's green eyes observe Zaras breathing step by step. The clock is ticking in the background, the wind is rising and the darkness overcomes the daylight in a pessimistic way. The sounds don't come in her ears, and when the wind becomes the loudest she falls asleep. Sun jumps up on her bed and not for a second does he break eye contact with her eyelids.

The dreams in Zara's head are to be formed. In one of her dreams, she is in a green room with one white box in front of her. When she finished looking around she grabs the box and opens it. There lays a white cat. She takes it up and makes the white cat have contact with the green floor. At the bottom of the box, there is a black mirror. She takes it up and tries to look at herself but she sees nothing. Now that this is her dream she doesn't think about it.

Zara takes the white cat again and runs over to what looks like her father suddenly standing there. She hands him the cat and for a moment he looks at it dearly until his wife shows up by his side and drops the cat. The white cat keeps running. It stops at an end. When Zara is finally beside it, it looks at her with big, blue, and desperate eyes. It makes Zaras react in real life: A smile is to see.

The white cat looks down at nothingness. Is this really the end? It jumps down without Zara catching it. She doesn't see where it lands.

When Zara opens her eyes she's not sitting at her desk at home in her room. She is in fact on the other side of her dreams.