𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"Rise and shine, Sunflower!"

Your vision was fuzzy, head pounding as you groggily sat up. The daycare was too bright and the lights were making your sudden headache ten times worse. It took you a moment to notice that Sun was practically sitting on your chest, patiently twisting his head back and forth as he waited for you to realize he was there.

"The...uh...the lights are back on?"

"Mhm! Boy, you sure do like your sleep, huh?"

Your brain was lagging. It took you two more rotations of Sun's head to process what he said with a gasp. "The lights are on!"

He said nothing as you scurried to stand, only offering you his massive gloved hand when you stumbled on your skates. "What time is it?"

"Time to play! Get up, get up, get up!"

The vertigo that came with standing up quickly subsided and you raised a finger to your ear. "Freddy?"

"Little Helper! There you are! I was becoming worried."

You ran a hand down your face as Sunny danced in excited circles around you. It felt like you'd been hit by a truckload of melatonin gummies—and then some. "Sorry," you yawned. "I'm here now. Are you done...charging?"

"Yes. I am currently outside of the daycare's main exit. I have unlocked the doors for you."

The exit wasn't too far away from where you were currently standing. You could picture Freddy standing guard behind it – a dormant bear statue who could and would prevent anything from going in after you. 

How long had he been waiting for you? There weren't any clocks in the daycare, but you could only wonder how many hours you had been out cold thanks to whatever Moon gave you.

Sunny perked up when you began walking away and immediately jumped into your path. "W-Wait! Don't go, Sunflower! There are still so many games to play!"

Oh jeez.

"Sunny," you sighed, reaching up to pat the sun-spike on the very top of his head. "I really can't stay here all night. I have to go home."

He was preening under the attention, immediately falling silent as you began administering your gentle touches. Sun leaned into your hand, white eyes dimming slightly in what you could only assume was satisfaction. The thrumming heartbeat sound in his chest grew louder and louder.

Only when you let go to sneakily move around him did Sunny spring up and nervously begin vying for your attention once more. "We can still play with glitter glue! I-I have all of your favorite colors. Please don't leave me, Sunflower!"

It hurt, but you had to ignore him. There were so many ways this night could end and none of them would be good if you stayed inside the daycare. Sunny was strong, but he wouldn't be able to defend you from all of the other animatronics with their security protocols activated. Especially not for six more hours.

"Wait! I got you a present!"

It was a last-ditch effort to make you stay. You knew that. But his words still piqued your interest and you found yourself turning around to watch him fumble with the pockets that lined his comically baggy pants.

"No sundrops," you groaned. "Please no sundrops."

You've learned your lesson when it came to accepting strange offers from certain celestial animatronics. But what Sun held out for you in his open palm wasn't a round candy wrapped in golden plastic. It was a thin plastic card with a black scanning strip on one side.