•Backstory•

A young girl sat in the middle of a meadow, the moonlight shining against her long, midnight blue hair and light gray skin. Her little fingers messed with the grass and flowers around her.

Her name was Yumei Doku and she lived in a small, secluded village with barely any knowledge of the world outside of it. She was raised by her grandparents and never even met her parents, since they handed each child over to Yumeis grandmother.

Yumeis village rarely had demon sightings, which made demon slayers an even rarer sight.

But that all changed the night Yumei decided to leave her home at night and wander around the forest.

She had been gone for hours and her grandparents knew but they didn't fear for her safety. They thought everything would be alright. Demons never showed up.

Unfortunately..

Demons did find the village that night. They tore it and the people who had lived their entire lives there into shreds, but little Yumei didn't have a clue. The girl barely heard the agonizing screams.

Yet, something, perhaps a gut feeling, drew her back to the village. She made it home a moment too late, finding her grandparents and baby brother slaughtered, blood splattered across every surface.

Yumei could only stare in horror, trembling from head to toe, breath shaken. She couldn't move. She couldn't run. She only stared.. Stared into the lifeless eyes of her grandmother, who she had loved so much.. Stared at the crib her little brother once slept in, wishing she had spent more time with him, even though he was only a baby.

Yumei didn't even notice the demon who had crept back into her house, ready to devour the bodies, but finding the girl instead.

The demon lunched itself toward Yumei. She didn't move. She didn't even flinch. Her short, 6 year life flashed before her eyes. Every happy memory. Every little adventure she went on. It was all about to end.. and she knew it.

The bloody palm of the demons hand was the last thing she saw before she passed out, but she wasn't dead.

Fortunately for Yumei, the demon slayer assigned to the village cut the demons head off right before it reached her, yet she was already on the floor, out cold.

The demon slayer who saved Yumei made the decision to take the child back with him to where he lived.

That demon slayer was none other than Obanai Iguro, a slayer who used the serpent breathing techniques.

When Yumei woke up halfway through the trip with Obanai, she was scared. She had just lost her only known family and a stranger had taken her away from her home, so it's hard to blame her. Not to mention the fact that Obanai looked odd to her, too.

His silence. His demeanor. His two different colored eyes.. his snake.. The bandages around his face really tied the whole 'scary' look up.

Yumei tried to run away occasionally, but young Obanai caught her every time. They barely spoke to each other the entire trip, which lasted a couple days.

Eventually they both reached the house Obanai stayed in and the young demon slayer no longer wanted to deal with a child, so he consulted every Hashira about the problem. None of them could take care of a child so young at the moment, so the matter only fell back into Obanais hands.

Lucky him, right? He got to be a big brother after escaping a terrible household.

It was a good thing Yumei wasn't picky, nor did she fuss over other necessities needed for her well being. She was an angel child, more or less.

So Iguro could get as much progress in, he began training her only two months after her rescue. It was supposed to be just the basics in sword skills, but Yumei appeared to have potential.

After two years of normal techniques, Obanai began to teach her Serpent Breathing, but it was a lot harder to teach. Still, neither of them ever gave up and built a sibling like bond over the years.

Another three years passed, and Yumei had officially become a demon slayer at age 12, knowing every form of Serpent Breathing.

She even had her own snake by then, a shy, blue eye leucistic python that's she named Chichi, who was a gift from Obanai.

For two years she completed many missions, trained hard with other hashira to gain strength, and made as many slayer friends as she could.

Life was packed to the brim with adventures. It was fun for her. She was so grateful that Obanai didn't leave her in that village to sit around and watch her grandparents rot away.

Things only began to get truly life-threatening when Yumei met.. him..

~^•{A/N}•^~

Hello! This is a (sort of) detailed version of my Demon Slayer OCs wonderful , happy backstory! :D
(I could've done a much better job writing this but I got lazy so that's why it's not as detailed as it could've been. Please ignore any grammar/spelling mistakes-)

The rest of the book will most likely all be in the first person POV of said oc, and I'll post a drawing of her when I finish the design!

Okay that's all, byeeeee!

Wren, out.