i.

All Prisha had to do, was walk to the guy she had never met before and tell him that her friend thought they would look perfect together. It was a simple task, and she had her pepper spray in case things got nasty.

But there was one tiny problem.

Prisha wasn't interested in blind dates. After three failed relationships, two of which started online, one loses hope.

In her mind, she had accepted that she would spend the upcoming holidays alone, cuddled in her bed, watching picture-perfect romance on Hallmark.

She wouldn't even be here if her best friend, Kriti, had not bribed her with a whole box of Rasgullas that the latter had brought from her trip to India. Kriti knew that particular Bengali sweet was Prisha's weakness, and she had used it well against her.

Rolling her eyes at the thought of her best friend, she wondered if she should leave. It's not like Kriti would ever know. Besides, she could always come up with some excuse later.

It's not like she was going to meet the man of her dreams like this. She wasn't even sure if there was a man for her anymore.

Besides, the blue striped boat-neck dress that she had styled with a denim jacket and red sneakers didn't look right for the restaurant she was going to.

Kriti had said that she would rock it as long as she kept her chin up and walked confidently.

But then again, what did Kriti know about blind dates?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing!

Kriti had been with her perfect man since the second day of eleventh grade, ever since she sat down next to him in World History. He asked for an eraser and she had given him much more than that. Eight years later, they were married with a baby on board.

But not everyone had that kind of luck!

Most girls, like Prisha, were just a creeper's bait.

Maybe I can tell Kriti I got into a car accident?

It can't be that hard to fake an accident, and Kriti wasn't the smartest person. Agreed, she had a successful writing career and a very successful marriage but, she won't know if Prisha played her part well.

Or maybe I should simply peek through the window?

At the thought, Prisha leaned closer to the tall glass window of the restaurant and cursed under her breath.

Darn it!

The waitress was blocking her view!

Her date was supposed to bring a white lily.

She wasn't sure whose idea that was. What if multiple people had a white lily for some reason!

She crouched down a little to get a better view. The waitress had moved and she was able to spot the lily lying on a table at the far corner, just beside the Christmas tree.

Tilting her head to the side, she saw his hands and sleeves. She had to agree he had a nice silhouette.

"Are you okay?"

A voice startled her and she fell back, landing on her butt.

Scowling, she straightened herself and stared at the towering guy beside her. He was wearing a pinstriped-black suit and looked just about her age.

"Oh, me? I'm fine, no worries," she replied as she looked around for other witnesses.

"Really? You're standing in the bushes, staring inside one of the fanciest restaurants in the city." His tone was thick with sarcasm.

Prisha bit her lips, embarrassed.

He chuckled at the obvious blush on her cheeks.

"I'm just contemplating my life's choices," she replied and immediately regretted it.

Dammit, Pri! That's not something you admit to a stranger!

The said stranger didn't seem to mind. He smiled at her. "Well, if it's the shoes," he paused, "trust me, you made a good choice."

Prisha shook her head, trying not to smile. "Thank you. But it's not the shoes. I mean it's not entirely the shoes," she waved her hand, "It's a blind date," she said and moved to her left, glancing at the window.

When he turned to peek in beside her, she pointed at her supposed date who was leafing through the menu.

The man gave another chuckle. "I think the keyword here is blind and you're cheating."

"Barely!" She defended herself. "I only saw the hands, that's it. Besides, I was bribed into coming tonight. I just want to avoid an awkward meeting that will invariably lead to nothing."

"Or he could be the one," he sniggered. "You know, the whole Christmas magic thing might work for you."

Prisha laughed. Clearly, they had similar views on the subject. "God! I hope not, Kriti would never let me live it down!" She rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around her jacket.

"Kriti?"

"My friend. She set this up. Has a horrible habit of thinking she's always right."

"And is she?" he asked, leaning just an inch towards her.

She stared at him, and replied, truthfully, "Generally, yes. But there have been some mishaps."

He rested his hands in the pockets of his suit, bringing emphasis to his broad shoulders and trim waist. "Then you should go."

Her trance broke and she tilted her head, confused.

"Go on this date. If your friend is so convinced that he's right for you and, she's generally right, then you should give it a try. This guy," he pointed at her date, "deserves to meet the girl who can wear shoes like you."

"Do you have some sort of a foot fetish?" Her eyes widened. The question was out of her mouth before she could stop herself.

The man chortled. He was definitely not expecting that.

Leaning back towards the window, he waved his head up and down at her attire. "A person who wears red sneakers with this dress to a blind date is sure to be confident about their personality. And confidence, my dear lady, is a very attractive trait," he said, emphasizing the word 'attractive'.

Prisha gawked. The little speech was unexpected.

"So you going?" he asked when she didn't say anything. The tousled mess on his head fell just above a pair of thickened eyebrows and his high cheekbones played in tune with his outlined jaw.

"Huh?"

He smiled and repeated, making her cheeks heat. "The date?"

Prisha nodded. "Alright. I guess. Wish me luck!" She really didn't want to be a bitch and make Steve wait anyway.

Looking up at the man again, she gave him a small smile and walked out of the bushes as gracefully as she could.

"I think he's the one who's going to need luck once he sees you!"

Heat rose to her cheeks again and she tucked her hair behind her ears. When she turned to look at him, he was grinning at her. She found herself smiling back.

There was a small voice in her head to leave her date and concentrate on this man. It was strange. She had just met him and not in her best state. Yet, she felt a strange pull. 

Ignoring the knots in her stomach, she nodded at him one last time before pushing the door t the restaurant and walking towards her supposed perfect man and date for Christmas.

Don't forget to vote, comment & share if you liked this part. ❤❤