Why... did this happen?

⠀Why, why, why?! The female had squirmed again the rope binding her limbs tight against her body as she lay upon the cold concrete floor with that nagging pain pounding against her head relentlessly.
"Chifuyu!" She cried trying to scoot her way over only to be met with the loss of breath and the stinging pain in her stomach having been kicked by the very man that was the target of Chifuyu's hate. Her green hues flickered shut, curling up in a fetal position.
"Damn you! Don't you touch her!" Venomous words spewed from the blonde male with emerald hues glared with murderous intent. This wasn't fair! He did everything he could to keep that girl out of harms way and yet, Teta Kisaki had beat him again. It always ended up like this. Loss after loss all by the hands of the vile being.
"Heh what are you? Stupid?" Kisaki chuckled, seemingly too happy to have tied up these innocent human beings. He did not care how i humane it may be.
The gun in his hand dangled from his finger as he knelt down in front of tomans vice captain of the second division. "You're in no position to be speaking to me with such demands." That smile was filled with nothing but menace, fueling Chifuyu with rage.
His fists clenched tight. So tight that his knuckles became a pale white. The taste of iron still lingered on his lips from the blood where his lips that were busted and his nose that bleed from a blow to the face.
"I just don't know what to do with your ass." Kisaki lightly tapped the barrel of his gun against his head. "You were only a constant thorn in my back. Trying and trying to take me down." His eyes narrowed. "But all you did was piss me off." His voice now being laced with anger and frustation, his blood lust was just oozing from him.
"No!" The girl cried with desperation. "Please! Please... Don't hurt him." She pleaded, shaking her head f
vigurously. Her voice engulfed by her attempts to breath properly, still recovering from the hard blow to the gut.
"Shut up!" Kisaki's voice rose and bounced off the walls of the abandoned factory. He pushed the gun against Chifuyu's head yet the blonde did not flinch. Instead his eyes drifted over to the one he loved, showing such warmness within his gaze. "Don't cry...." He pleaded with her. The last thing he wanted was to see her crying expression before he was to breath his last breath.
Kisaki smirked. "I know just what to do with pests like you." He leaned forward, that smirk having faltered. "I exterminate them." An expression of sorrow danced along his features as if it was truly saddening to such a psychopath.
The girl squirmed pointlessly on the ground just wishing someone would come save them, to put an end to the this nightmare. Save him! Thats all she wanted. She couldn't lose him, not now.
"Any last words?"
Those words that fell from Kisaki's lips caused her heart to sink.
Her vision was blurred by the tears that burned away at her eyes.
Chifuyu turned his head with a weary smile to pull at his lips. "Y/N.... I just want to let you know I love you. And thank you for everything." Just then tears rolled down his cheeks as regret filled his mind, tendrils of sorrow wrapped around his heart, squeezing the life out of him. His lungs having been closed off by the despair leaving it hard for him to breath. But all that was hitting the girl even harder. "No!" she screamed but before she could say much else the loud bang of gun fire filled her ears and left a loud and obnoxious ringing behind.
All she could do was release an agonizing scream as she stared at Chifuyu's now lifeless body as his head laid in the puddle of his own blood.
The world around her was spinning as the floor beneath felt as if it was falling. Everything crumbling so suddenly. Why did that have to be his last words?! It was like rubbing salt into her wounds.
Now she could never tell him that she too.... was madly in love with him. She could never kiss those lips she loved to hear call out her name. All the many longings being pulled away beyond her reach. She will never get to feel that warm embrace of his ever again.
All that screaming of hers started from the moment chifuyu fell to the ground, motionless, to the moment she had passed out. She only wished she would've confessed to the boy much sooner before all of this had been dropped onto her shoulders.