Ch 1 Wrong x Customer

Walking from place to place in the Empire of Juopa, the gold of his ankle brackets chimes together with his walking sandals in the sand, glancing at all the market bazaars. To conceal his identity from recognition, he wore a see-through veil. Despite this, he continued to emit an appealing aura, drawing much attention.

Bazaar: *for those who don't know.*

The Kurta Empire's Emperor Kurapika Kurta

The Kurta Empire's Emperor Kurapika Kurta. He was gentle and sympathetic to those around him for an Emperor; he frequently aided orphans and ensured that most residents had been fed. Others whisper in the lonely gaps about him that he was a ruler worthy of respect. He examines the fruits and dishes at a number of bazaars until his attention is drawn to one in particular, "Joupa Sweets."

"How interesting." He expresses his curiosity in seeing what the Joupa Empire has to offer for his Tongue.

Ring!

Y/n pov

He's here! I internally screamed.

"Hello! Hello!" I skip over to the front grasping his hand and shaking it quickly.

"Oh! Hello to you too!" He awkwardly smiles.

"I can't believe after all this time I'm finally meeting you!" I exclaim, with a dimpled smile.

"You can recognize me?" He says with a surprised expression.

"Of course? Why wouldn't I be able to! You know Dina has been talking all about you!" I reply.

"Dina?" He questions.

"Yeah, Dina! My friend? Your fiancé! You know what else she told me?"

"What else did this Dina tell you?" He asks resting his palm on his cheek and smirking.

"She told me you were a poet! Do you wanna hear some of my own written poetry?"

"Go on" he simply says

"Okay! Wait." I rummage through some of the drawers trying to find my notepad full of poetry I write back months ago. I find it and flip through the pages until I see one presentable.

"Okay! So erm some of them are not the best... but you're a silly little poet so bare with me!" I laughed

"Of course" he chuckled.

'Wait now that I'm seeing him, he's very attractive for some commoner. Lucky Dina. I wonder what he looks like without the Veil. Would asking him to take it off be rude?'

"Wait, sorry do you want to take your veil off or...?"

"I can do that." He says, lifting his veil off and placing it on the counter waiting for my poetic poems.

'My eyes are beyond control. I'm not sure how to put it, but my heart is weirdly racing. running, running, and running My heart's soothing fuzziness puts me at ease. I'm not sure what this sensation is, but I want it to endure a long time.' Grasping the notepad, I glance down and read.