Day 1

Pebble's P.O.V

Well, we may just stay here for eternity if S keeps on shopping like he has been for stuff. I understand being nervous, but he's acting like he has tons of caffeine and extreme anxiety. Well...he has one of those since our visit to the coffee shop, but still. For example, we have sat in a clothes store for 15 minutes while he tried to figure out if leather or chain would be better. I eventually just said "Can you please decide?"

He eventually settled on chain, and got a helmet. I stayed with the obsidian stuff. Anyways, we also got a couple of warm blankets, for obvious reasons. Ao is snowy and has unpredictable weather. Also, it's overrun with undead, to add to the suck. And some random first-aid stuff. Mostly for broken bones, hypothermia, and poison.

And of course, we brewed some healing potions. Mainly because the guy who sells them, even if it's the Aetherian index of something, definitely rips you off. Did I mention that this time, we did it without passing out, unlike Runt! Seriously, I am so rubbing this in his face. I think I'm going to keep one potion and hand it to him with an annoying smile. Also S's, because he failed miserably first time around and ended up exploding the bottle. Oh, and we got coats. Blue for me, green for S.

Anyways, S wanted to try to recruit Eto. I didn't really mind, even if that guy was super, super jittery, he's usually nice. So he found Eto and asked him. I didn't really catch the convo. I was too busy attempting to reconfigure my axe sheath to fit around my armor. However, he surprisingly said yes. And then asked if I was having a seizure. For the record, I was trying to put my axe blade on my back. It just...wasn't fitting well and I was trying to get it out of the chinks in my armor. Thus, I accidentally turned around in circles like a confused wolf chasing it's own tail. Eventually S pulled it out and asked me what I was doing. 

Yeah, that was an awkward conversation.

Anyways, we expected that to be it. Eto asked when we were going. S was nervous. I was also nervous. Anyways, we set off about an hour later, once S had double checked absolutely everything. He actually had a clipboard. A blue clipboard decorated with images of something Eto called Sonic the Hedgehog. And then laughed about hysterically until S slapped him with it.  So we were off when I noticed this girl, running alongside us. She had weird gray skin, long ears, and really, really orange hair. Oh, and a long, thin rapier across her back. Maybe she fenced? I had seen fencers with that kind of sword before.

So anyways, I pointed her out to S, asking what she was, and instead of answering he stopped and got off his horse while Eto tried desperately to hang on. Mainly because S picked a really, really mean horse. I'm not even sure why he got it. I tried feeding it a carrot? It tried eating my face instead. Eto tried petting it? Kicked him across the stable. S is the only one who can feed and ride that thing. If I tried even riding it once, I would promptly break several bones and then be trampled. I've seen him make that horse buck and jump. And once, jump hurdles. Then, horses just really like S for some reason. Every other animal seems to hate him with flaming passion, except cats. Cats and horses are the only things that like him. Anything else, I end up laughing at him while he tries to pry the errant creature off his face.

She looked over and said "Good, my legs were getting tired."

He nodded "I'm guessing you were following us?" She huffed and said "Duh. We both got this quest." He frowned "Wait, you got it too?" She sighed "Lyra gave you it too?" He shrugged "Glorm gave me it." Then they sat there for a few seconds before S finally said "Whatever. Can't you come separate?" She sighed "You know that's not how it works."

I caught some argument, before "Ok, but please don't try to explode anyone this time. Do you have healing potions?" She nodded and said "Yeah. About 15. 5 are splash." Before I could question why this girl exploded something, Eto was bucked off and thrown directly into my horse. Named "Sparkelz." Mainly because I both gave up on names and the horse has a habit of trying to eat sequined things. Like S has, or rather, had a book with a flip-sequin cover? He set it down and my horse immediately attempted to eat it. Still, it's not mean, and that's my only requirement after seeing S's horse.