The arrival

-Liling? Xiang? Are we ready to go?
-yes my lady, we are just putting the last things on the carriage.
-Is Kaori in her Basket?
-yes
-great
-my lady, are you sure you're ready to go?
-am i sure? No, but you know I have to, Xiang.
-I know my lady; don't worry, we'll be with you all the time.
-thank you.
-Now, if you feel fine we need to go to the front door.
-ok
We slowly reached the front door of the mansion where: my sister Huna and her husband Jin, my sister Seru and my brother Yoigin were waiting for me.
-it's time to go my Lady or we would not arrive at the capital in time.
I nodded and then hugged my family before being helped on the carriage.
-my lady, what's on your mind?
-yeah, talk to us… we can help you
-girls… i had a dream last night
-what? What did you dream about?
-i dreamed of myself in a wedding dress… and i was standing in front of his Majesty; beside me was a man dressed in red… and you know I've never dreamed about something that will happen in more than three months
-do you're going to get married?
-i think so,
-but that's not fair, his Majesty assured lady Huna that you would've had a different life then what every other girl at your age that goes to the capital has to live.
-we'll, think about it; I was one of the only two daughters, born from a poor concubine; that already had a child and a lover and got married with him and he's other two children. And if mom and my twin sister Ava were still alive they could have had some more money and an higher rank but now I'm by myself being blood related with the royal family,
-but… but…
-it's how it works, His Majesty will find some kind of older man for me to marry because he doesn't think someone will want to marry me because I'm blind. Maybe he thinks I'll just cause more troubles.
-but my lady, what about your abilities?
I suddenly jumped at her question, I thought long about it with my siblings and we came to the conclusion that having it as a secret will be the best for my safety.
-Girls, I need you to listen carefully. My abilities are not to be known by anyone, and I mean Anyone.
-but my lady; the rumors that someone has those kinds of abilities are going around quickly.
-yes, but they don't know who exactly I am; other than you no one in the capital knows it's me. And it's better for my and your safety.
-but my lady, some people might understand it's you, I mean how many contesses around your age can exist?
-believe me Liling, there's a lot.
-more than 10?
-yes
-more than 15?
-more than 20?
-yes and yes.
-what?!
-30?
-yeah, a number around there.
-oh, that's a shock!
-I know, but now don't change the subject; you need to keep this a secret.
-sure!
-ok my Lady,
-we'll keep our mouths shut.
-thanks little monsters.
-we are not monsters!
They said at the same time and we all burst into laughter. The reid was longer than expected and we arrived at the mansion when it was already dark outside. Xiang and Liling helped me out of the carriage.
-countess of Kingman?
-Yes madam, this is Lady Chen Y/n.
-it's a pleasure to meet you my lady, I'm Wa'ren; her Majesty's third maid.
-it's a pleasure to meet you too Wa'ren
-my lady i know you've had a long day so I'm not going to waste your time. I'll lead you to your room while the servant brings your baggages
-thank you madam
-come one, I'll lead the way.
With that said, my two beloved maids gently grabbed both of my arms to accompany me to my room; being completely blind and in a place that I didn't know could've definitely meant me bumping into something and getting hurt very easily.
-This is the room, I'll show your maids their rooms with the other servants.
-oh no, there's no need, we are used to sleeping in the same room.
-oh well, that ok
-I'm sorry madame, may I ask to bring something to eat for my lady; I know it's late but we haven't eaten dinner yet and my lady is weak and tired, she needs to take some medicines while eating.
-sure, I'm sorry I didn't think about that. We have some leftovers from dinner but I'll ask the chicken to make something warm for you to eat.
-thank you, and sorry to bother you this late at night.
-oh don't worry my lady, it's my duty; now I'll send someone to you when the food is ready, please make yourself comfortable.
-i sure will, good night madame
-good night my lady… oh i forgot, tomorrow in the late morning her Majesty will pay us a visit to get to know all the girls; if you feel fine enough you can participate with the others. If not I'll tell her Majesty, I'm sure she'll understand.
-oh I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow after a good sleep; but thank you for your concern. I don't want to keep you awake much longer, I'm pretty sure you're going to wake up way earlier than me tomorrow so please go take a good rest.
-thank you my lady, you're very thoughtful. I'll leave you in peace now. Goodnight
-good night madam
And with that, she exited the room; Xiang helped me take a seat on the bed while the mansion's servants put the last baggage in the room.
-oh give her to me, the cat; thank you… you may leave now; goodnight
-goodnight
The door was closed and I heard Liling exhale in relief.
-for one moment i thought they were going to put some bags on Kaori
-yeah it definitely looked like it!
-hahaha, come one girls. They're tired too; there's no need to judge.
-ahh you're right my lady, but it's not as easy as you make it look like. How can you be so peaceful and kind with everyone, sometimes even people who don't show respect to you.
-Girls, everyone acts a certain way for a reason; no one is bad or evil in the end, everyone has their problems and hardships and we are all just trying to co-live in this big but crowded world.
You shouldn't blame others for mistakes as you shouldn't blame yourself for doing them, we are all humans and we are wrong sometimes, I'm sure that if you let things pass more easily you'll have a more clear and peaceful mind to make harder decisions or to concentrate on doing things you enjoy.
-wow my lady, I always wonder: how can you be so young and wise at the same time?
-the age is not necessarily what makes you wiser, but the experiences and what you learn from them. And I hope the time you spend by my side you'll use it to learn from my mistakes, you're never done learning new things.
-you're always right my lady… now do you want to take a good relaxing bath while me and Xiang put your stuff away? I'm sure the bathtub will be way more comfortable than the one we have at home, don't tell Her Grace that I said that.
-i won't tell my sister, don't worry Liling; and yes, i would like to take a bath but you don't need to put everything away now, we can do it tomorrow
-Well at least we are going to put the baggage out of the way; it's too dangerous having them all over the room.
-ok, as you say miss Ming Xiang
-my lady! Don't call me like that! You know I don't like it!
-I know you don't like it, that's why I call you that.
-ahah very funny!
-i was just kidding
-i know, i know
-now my lady, it's better for you to take a bath before they bring the food
-right… Xiang, can you help me undress?
-sure
-i'll go prepare the tub.
-thank you Liling
I got up from the bed and Xiang helped my undress slowly; then I felt her hand carefully caressing my waist where a big scar was still very visible.
-how is the scar? Do we need to apply the cream today?
-i think so
-... I still blame myself from what happened my lady
-and you shouldn't Xiang, it was not your fault ok, the aggressor would've killed me if you weren't there.
-I know, but I should have arrived earlier, I could have arrived before he stabbed you and poisoned your eyes, making you blind.
-you couldn't arrive earlier, don't blame yourself for something you couldn't control. And now let's not think about the past; it has been years. Ok?
-ok
She helped me in the bathtub where the warm water was already filled with Blue flower's petals.
While I was relaxing and washing myself I heard the girls moving things around. Obviously the bathtub was separated from the rest of the room by a big divider so when people come into the room they can't see the person in the water. I heard someone knocking on the door and I let them in while staying hidden by the divider. The servant had brought dinner and my maids cordially sent him to rest after they took the food.
-my lady, do you want to get out?
-yes Liling, but before dressing up i need to put the cream on the scar and the bruises.
-sure;
-oh, can you both help me? I feel a little dizzy and I don't know the room.
-of course
They helped me out of the bathtub and i dryed myself up with a surprisingly soft towel. Obviously here everything was a little more expensive and high quality rather than home, but I was ok with what I was used to too.
-my lady, they didn't gave you much but all together can make a decent meal
-you have to eat it too! Remember that! So divide everything for three.
-but my lady, you're weak and need to take the medicines while eating, we are fine; we'll eat tomorrow.
-Xiang you heard me, so divide for three and don't argue.
-ok my lady
-good girl
-My Lady, does it still hurt?
Liling asked me while she was putting the cream on my back and waist. She took me off guard because she usually doesn't ask about my scars.
-no Liling, it doesn't hurt anymore.
-I'm glad… hem… I'm done; I'll help you dress up.
I noticed her sudden change of mood because I knew what it was about and that I wouldn't have lasted for long. She helped me dress up with the nightie, then I sat at the table and started eating with them.
-Why is Kaori so sleepy?
-she had a long ride too, Liling, she needs to rest as much as we do.
-Yeah, now that I'm full , how about we go to bed?
-yeah that's a great idea.
-i agree with you girl, change into more comfortable clothes then we'll go to bed
-ok
They changed and then we all went to bed. You may ask why my maids sleep in the bed with me, well first of all, they are like little sisters to me, second of all I always have nightmares whenever I sleep by myself and get into a state of panic easily. I've learned to understand the difference between premonitory dreams and nightmares, but both of them make my night hard and scary. If I'm by myself I'll most likely spend the night awake or sleep with Kaori on my bed.
The night fortunately passed smoothly and the next morning I awoke with so much more energy, and after not long I realized the girls had tidied up the room and served breakfast on the table.
It was almost ten in the morning when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. The girls had just come back from the chicken where they brought back the plates and got to meet some of the servants. They helped me pick a dress and now Liling was doing my makeup while Xiang was fixing my hair.
-who is it?
-i'm Wa'ren my Lady
-oh, come in madame
-my Lady, in a couple of minutes everyone will be in the main hall of the meeting room; her Majesty will be here in half an hour, so you might have time to get to meet some of the other girls.
-thanks madame, oh is Her Majesty going to eat lunch with us?
-yes, the tables are already in the garden beside the meeting room, you'll be seated in a half circle with her hinges in the middle, i think there might be two layers since most of you are seated by yourselves in the tables. I have to check… anyways, when you're ready you can join the others… girls you know the way to the meeting room right?
-yes
-yes we do.
-ok, so I'll let your maids take care of you; now I'm sorry to leave this rudely but I've got many things to do.
-oh don't worry madam, you're free to go; thanks for your help.
-you're welcome, my lady.
We made our way to the meeting room and as soon as I entered I heard all the conversation that we're going to stop for a moment and then start again but this time everyone was whispering, it definitely sounded like they were gossiping or commenting about things.
Then I felt someone coming up to me and saying,
-good morning miss. May I know your name?
-oh, good morning, my name is Chen Y/n, countess of Kingman.
I replied bowing, while my girls were still holding my arms, and kind of refusing to let go of me. They always get worried when we find ourselves in crowded places.
-may i know yours?
-don't you know who I am? Where the hell do you live if you don't even know who I am.
-I'm sorry if I offended you, but I'm completely blind so I won't be able to recognize you if we haven't already met.
Gasps could be heard coming from the girls standing in front of me and the other people in the room.

______________________________________
A/n
This is one of the first stories i make public and I'm not a native English speaker so it would be nice for you to give some feedback on possible mistakes, how to continue the story and if you want me to.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my book, luv ya 💓💓💓
______________________________________