1.

Chase and I have been going steady for about 8 months now. That may not seem like much but I'm in love with him.
The way he looks at me when we talk. The way he hugs me after every day. Everything was perfect.
Today was an ordinary day. I walked outside to the crowded parking lot. And Chase wasn't there. He always waits for me. "Chase?" I called out. Maybe he was just not in his usual spot today. It's fine, I'll call him when I get home.
"J! My friend Carla called. "Chase left in a rush today, he didn't say why."
"Thanks Carla." I said trying to suppress my emotions.
"Don't sweat it, See ya J!" I waved, and she was gone.
I walked out into the emptying parking lot and drove to my favorite thinking spot. This couldn't be anything to serious. I thought. He always waits for me, I feel like he would've told me if he was leaving.
I still haven't tried calling him. I got out of my car, and rested my legs on the ledge of the cliff.
Looking at my dirty converse with all my friends names on them.
I sat there for a while, just thinking. And after the sunset I drove home.
Mom was still working. Home alone.
I dropped my bag by the door and ran to my room.
I called him.
He picked up!
"Hey babe." He said out of breath. Like he was running. "Are you ok?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"Well, You didn't wait for me, and Carla said you left in a hurry from school, I was just checking in." There was a pause. "You there?" I said. No response. Just silence. "Chase?" More silence.
I hung up. What was going on? Was he cheating? That was a stretch. But he was out of breath, then muted. I couldn't make those kinds of assumptions. I texted him and asked if he wanted to come over tonight. He said yes.
I waited. I heard the front door open "Jaxxssoo." It was my mom. She was drunk on the cheap booze they discount for the workers at the diner. She'll knock out in a few minutes. "Go to sleep mom." I said down the hallway. I was disappointed. She was going to AA hoping to get sober, then my dad left and I came out as gay. She didn't take that well, and often forgets. When my dad left he took my sisters. Oh how I missed them. They loved and supported me. I don't know where they are. Probably somewhere up north. I hope they don't forget me.
About an hour later the door opened again "Jax?"
Chase. My nerves softened and I became happier. As soon as he walked into my room, I gave him a huge hug. "I love you." I said into his shirt. It smelled like him. Firewood and Rosemary. "I love you too." He said as he smiled.
We just cuddled and talked. He assured me that he was running away from our principal and didn't have time to stop and tell me, and he had to run home and leave his car. Ok. I had jumped to conclusions. I fell asleep in his arms, and he spent the night.