Who Are The Family Madrigal?

"Y/n!" I heard my older brother call out. "Y/n!" I heard him yell again. My tired eyes slowly opened, heavily as slowly. I rubbed my eyes with my closed fists before responding tiredly but softly, "¡¿Que Mariano?!"

My door opened and at the doorway stood my older brother, Mariano. "Good morning hermana! Ma wants you awake since we need to prepare for later." He said, sitting on the side of my bed. I smiled at him sleepily. "Okay." I said, before I began to slowly drift back off to sleep.

My mind began to empty and to and the world around me disappeared for a few seconds before Mariano woke me up again by tickling me! "Hey! Get up sleepyhead!" He said laughing and tickling my stomach. I was laughing so hard and tried to fight back, reaching for his hands to push them away.

He chuckled before placing his hand on my head and shaking my hair, petting me. "Go on and get ready and head down stairs." Mariano said, standing up. I giggled, "Okay."

Mariano gave me a warm smile then walked out of my room. I got up from my bed and walked on the cold floor over to my closet. I pulled out my blue and white dress for me to wear. Today was a special day.

As Mariano states earlier, we were supposed to be getting ready for something

As Mariano states earlier, we were supposed to be getting ready for something. That something only happens when we're lucky enough. I'm apart of the Guzmán family. I have my older brother is obviously Mariano and my mom. We live in a beautiful part of Colombia where we are loved, protected and cared for by The Madrigals.

The Madrigals are the family that have this part of Columbia to us! Our home was given to us because of Alma Madrigal. She's an old and fearless woman that was granted a miracle long ago when her husband, Pedro, sacrificed himself and was lost to his family.

The miracle was a candle that never put out. It granted the house of the Madrigals and gifts for each generation. When the descendants of Alma turned 5 years old, they received gifts, talents, powers that reflected off them and their character. With these powers they help and support our community.

The funny thing is that I know the history but nothing else about them. Besides Alma and Pedro, I know no one else from the Madrigal family. Well, I also know Isabela. Isabela Madrigal is a descendant of Alma Madrigal. She is actually Alma's granddaughter. Mariano talks about her all the time. He has the biggest crush on Isabela. He calls her the "flor perfecta of the town". It's funny to me how much he swoons over her. I've never even seen her but apparently she's very beautiful.

I quickly put on the dress and slipped on my flats. I ran over to my vanity and out my hair half up half down.

 I ran over to my vanity and out my hair half up half down