𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐓

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

It had been three hours since Alex got home from school and she would be the first to admit that was the most boring part of her day. All she'd been doing was sitting around the apartment she used to live in with Charlie doing her homework. That only lasted for about an hour and a half. The rest of her time was spent sitting on the couch watching a show she couldn't care less about. Most people would find the silence peaceful and would take advantage of the alone time, but Alex hated it. It reminded her of the part of her life she spent locked away in one of HYDRA's bases.

The Easton girl tried using the phone Charlie sent her to call her and Pietro but she was greeted with the familiar voicemail. It wasn't long after Alex gave up trying to reach them when she got a text that she'd received more times than she could count.

CHARLIE:
Sorry we missed your call.
We were spotted so we're
on the move again. We'll
try to call you when we get
to our next safe house.

ALEX:
That's okay. Stay safe.

It had been almost thirty minutes since she sent that message and she couldn't help the bitterness that started flowing through her veins. She and Charlie were living a great life before Steve Rogers called her. Sure, it wasn't everything Alex dreamed of, but she was happy...which was a lot more than she could say about her life before meeting the Barton girl.

Don't get her wrong. Alex wasn't angry at any of the Avengers or the other heroes for their actions. What was really bothering the Easton girl was her own choices. Despite the Barton girl and her father doing everything in their power to keep the redhead out of their civil war, Alex wished she went with Charlie. That way her only choices now wouldn't be living on her own in New York or living a secluded life on the Barton Farm.

After letting out a long sigh, the Easton girl stood up from the couch and made her way to the kitchen. Her feet took her straight to the fridge to look for anything she could make for dinner, only to be greeted by an empty space. A groan passed over her lips as she shut the refrigerator door before grabbing her keys from the counter and making her way toward the front door. Alex's plans to head downstairs to the deli were soon interrupted by a familiar voice coming from the fire escape.

"Hey, Happy. Here's my report for tonight. I stopped a grand theft bicycle. Couldn't find the owner, so I just left a note. Um, I helped this lost old Dominican lady. She was really nice and bought me a churro," Peter explained from his place on the fire escape railing, completely unaware of the girl listening to his conversation from the apartment behind him, "I just feel like I could be doing more. You know? Just curious when the next real mission's gonna be. So, yeah, just call me back. It's Peter. Parker."