Pick Your Poison

PICK YOUR POISON
VANDER SIDES#1

My hand was bloody...

So as my side.

Unti-unti akong napaatras, at tila tumahimik ang buong paligid. I know the party is still going dahil sa malakas na tunog ng musika. Everybody is sweaty as they danced to the beat. Napahawak ako sa dumudugong tagiliran ko. If not because of alcohol in my system, I bet this hurts like hell. Sumisigaw rin sa harap ko si Tristan, but I have no idea what he was saying.

I know the blood in my hand wasn't mine, but my mind seemed to stop processing whose blood it was. Muli akong napaatras, pilit na inaalis ang alak sa sistema at nagbabakasakaling maliwanagan ako sa nangyayari.

A slap on my cheek is what helped, but it was fucking painful. Dumoble pa ang sakit nang mapagtanto kong si Tristan ang sumampal sa akin.

For a while, it seemed like everything stopped. The music, the time, and the sweaty bodies walking back and forth behind us.

"What the fuck, Star? What did you do?" sigaw ni Tristan sa akin. He was mad, I know he was. I knew him very well. I knew when he's truly mad because his ears turn red, kahit pa may makukulay na ilaw sa paligid. I know he's mad when his veins are visible up his neck, at kung ibang pagkakataon ay iisipin kong napaka-seksi ng paraang iyon.

But he was angry because of what I did to this bloody woman.

Her face was bloody, because of what I did. I mean, if you see your man cheating on you, what would you do, cry?

Me? Nah. I stabbed the whore in the face but Tristan stabbed me on the side.

Right, that explains the pain on my bloody side. The woman was freaking out over the small carving on her face, meanwhile, I might die if this shit continues.

I hope I don't.

Maybe I won't die due to the stab wound I had on my side. Siguro ay mas mamamatay ako sa sakit na nadarama. I was there. I saw how they were feeling high to the sensation of grinding with each other after some drinks, cigarette and the special party brownie.

Bumaba ang tingin ni Tristan sa tagiliran ko, and when he realized it was blood dripping, he grabbed the whore and ran away. Naiwan akong hindi alam ang gagawin. I was confused of what to feel right now, at hanggang ngayon ay tila hindi pa rin tuluyang pumoproseso sa utak ko ang mga nangyari.

Getting stabbed was uncomfortable but feeling the gaze from behind makes it weirder. I slowly turn around, with hopes to find Tristan running back to me. Unfortunately, there wasn't a sign of him around. It was more painful than any pain I could imagine.

The stab wasn't fatal but it slowly makes my vision hazy. I tried to grab for something but I keep grabbing the air. The party is still alive, but here I am, almost dead sa katotohanang sinaksak ako ni Tristan and he fled with the woman he was cheating me with.

One more turn and here goes that feeling of being stared again. The corner of the room was dim, marahil iyon ang rason kung bakit doon napili ni Tristan na makipagtalik sa kung sinu-sinong babae. What the heck is wrong with him?!

Sinubukan kong hanapin sa dilim ang pinagmumulan ng tingin, and there he was. A man, with his hands tucked in his pocket slowly walked towards me.

He stopped in front of me and I can't help but realize that he's actually towering me. Mula sa kaunting liwanag ay naaninag ko ang kanyang mukha. He wasn't smiling, he doesn't look particularly amused o anuman. Walang emosyon na mababasa sa kanyang mukha. Not even wonder as to why I was bloody. He stared right at me, and I can't back down so I stared back. Akala ko ay mahabang titigan ang mangyayari, not until he stood in one knee to examine my wound.