XXXXXXIII

Jessica, who is back to known as Kiyomi again, weakly sat up and raised her arm that was full of bandages and gently pet Winter, causing the big wolf to wake up.

   Winter froze in shock before jumping onto her bed and whimpering as Kiyomi just laughed.

  "AWOOOOOOO!!", Winter howled loudly, as if calling for someone, and immediately, Shinobu, Aoi, and Kiyomi's parents: Mizuki (mother) and Yukio (father), came barging in.

   "M-my Snowflake!!", Mizuki ran to her daughter and hugged her as she cried while Kiyomi also teared up.

   "I'm so glad you're finally awake..!", Yukio also cried as he pat her head.

   "How.. long was I asleep for- *cough cough*", Kiyomi asked before coughing.

   "You were asleep for half a year-", Shinobu said, her and Aoi's eyes also filled with tears, before getting cut off by Kiyomi's more coughing.

   "*Cough cough* -Sorry- *cough* but.. h-half a year?!?", Kiyomi tried to calm down as Aoi gave her water to sooth her throat.

   "Yeah.. We thought you would never wake up again...", Mizuki cried.

   "Then, how am I alive if I have been sleepi- Ow!", Kiyomi asked before yelping, alerting everyone.

   Her eyes widened, "Why ith my thongue beeding..? I dthidn't even biteh my thongue tzoo hardth?? (Why is my tongue bleeding..? I didn't even bite my tongue too hard??)", Kiyomi said, slightly panicking.

   "Kiyomi-san.. About that...", Aoi gave her a small mirror and let her look at herself, shocking the girl.

   "Why tho I have fangth?!", Kiyomi panicked.

   "The medicine to turn you back into human didn't completely work on you.. so you're.. half-demon...", Shinobu explained with a sad face.

   "What?! Wawawait.. Doth that mean I can't go outside anymore??", Kiyomi panicked before gasping when her tongue immediately healed.

   "Thankfully, you can conquer the sun, but the only problem is.. you might go out of control when you're hungry.", Shinobu said. Kiyomi looked down in disappointment as she teared up, concerning everyone.

   "Don't be upset, sweetie.. we can give you our blood if you want.", Yukio patted her head as she wiped her tears.

    "That's not what I'm upset about.. and It's fine. It's just-.. nothing... I'm fine now", Kiyomi said as she smiled.

  She was thinking about her family in her past life, whom she will never see again.

   "Cheer up, miss Snowflake. Do you feel hungry?", Shinobu asked as Kiyomi pondered.

   "Yeah.. a little.", She replied, which Shinobu looked at her with sadness.

   "I thought so.. you can try this if.. you're hungry.", Shinobu said as she handed Kiyomi a cup of blood.

   Kiyomi's eyes widened as she looked at the blood with surprise.

   "Am I supposed to drink that..??", Kiyomi asked.

   "Since you became a half-demon, and you didn't feel energized when you slept for half a year, I figured that you needed blood to survive.", Shinobu explained.

   "I.. don't think I can drink.. blood.", Kiyomi said as she pushed the cup of blood away.

  Shinobu and the others somehow looked relieved and concerned at the same time.

   "But you need it to survive.", Shinobu said.

   "Perhaps I can try real food? I am just half-demon after all.", Kiyomi said as Aoi immediately rushed out to make food.