Chapter One

Angel woke up hearing Newt yelling to get up. "I am right here. No need to yell Newt." She said in a soft voice. "Sorry, But really wake up. Alby will kill us if we don't get to work." Newt said making Angel sigh.

The young girl stood up and made Newt leave her room so she could get ready. She grabbed the brush what she requested to WICKED. She brushed through all the nots and placed the brush down. She walked out of here's and Newt's room.

"Ready?" Newt asked getting a nod from Angel. The two walked out of homestead and went to get breakfast. "Morning Newt." Frypan said handing Newt a plate of eggs, toast, and bacon. "Thanks Frypan." Newt said walking to where he sits with Chuck, Minho, and Gally.

"Good Morning Frypan!" Angel said shooting him one of her famous smiles. "Good Morning back at you Angel." Frypan said smiling back. He handed a plats of food and said "Enjoy Angel." "Thanks Fry!" Angel said flash in one more smile before walking to where Newt was.

Angel plopped down next to Newt and started to eat. Most gladers think she flirts with a lot of them. But doesn't, if she would to flirt with anyone it would be Minho.

She glaced up to see Minho. She blushed a little and finished her food. Of course she had to have a crush on him. The sexy adorable Asian with tan skin and dark black hair with those irresistible brown eyes that can make her heart melt in a second.

"Hello? Earth to Angel?" She heard someone say bringing her out of her thoughts. She blinked twice and looked at Minho who has his famous smirk playing on his lips. She blushed and said "Yes?"

"What you thinking about shuck face?" Minho asked making Angel shrug. "Nothing." She said getting up from the table. "Sure it was nothing." He said. Angel just rolled her eyes and grabbed her plate. She gave it to Frypan and said "The meal was good! Like always!" She took a walk.

She heard a buzz. It was a Beatle bug. Angel squatted it away from her face. She started to the maze. She glaced around to make sure no one saw her. She went an inch away from it and just stared into it. Wondering what it felt like to be in it.

Before the girl could take a few more steps, she felt someone standing next to her. She took a guess, "Minho, what is it like to be a runner?" She asked. Taken back from the question, Minho thought for a second to find an answer. "It fells free. Like nothing is there to hold you back." He said.

Angel just nodded. She has to become a runner. She gave Minho a hug before he went in the maze with the others. She had to find Alby. She jogged around trying to find him. Which she finally spotted him near homestead.

"Alby we need to talk." Angel said. Alby motioned Gally to leave. "What is it Angel?" Alby asked crossing his arms. "I want to be a runner." She said her voice steady and strong. Alby was taken back from what she had said. "No." He said.

"Come on Alby! Let me go in the maze and be a runner. At least let me try!" Angel said loudly. Alby sighed and thought. "Fine, you start training tomorrow. But any lacking or being slowed down. Your back to being a cook." He said.

Angel smiled and hugged him. "Thank you!!!" She said and letting go of the boy, she rushed away and went to Newt. "Newt! NEWT!" She yelled when the boy didn't answer. "Bloody hell! I hear you! What's up Angel?" Newt hissed holding his right ear.

"Alby is letting me be a runner! Well try out to be one!" Angel said smiling big. But the smile dropped when Newt looked at her and said "No. You are not going to go into that maze and get hurt. I won't allow it. Neither would Minho."

Angel flinched back. "I thought you be happy for me!" She yelled making gladers stare in confusion. "But now it is clear! I can't ever be happy! But this chance is not going to be taken away from me!" She added screaming on the top of her lungs. She ran away feeling eyes of her friends on her.

----------

Hey guys, I know this chapter is a rush and sorry for that. I promise it will get better! A trailer will be up soon made by one of my friends who will mentioned in the story tomorrow. ❤ stay beautiful!